8.

" Shut up! You're such a jerk" Kyle was shouting.

I got up from the bed and rushed to the door immediately.

Kyle was holding a phone and yelling through it.

" She's fine"

" No. You can't see her. You don't know what you did to her last night" he sat on the couch and

continued to shout.

" Goodbye Carter " he said and switched off his phone.

I went downstairs and stood infront of him. " em... sorry Kyle for making you fight with your best friend " I breathed.

" Lea, I said that am gonna be by your side even if Carter is my best friend " he got up from the couch and stepped closer to me.

" Now let's go and make breakfast. We don't want to spoil our day thinking of a fool right?"

" Right "

He grabbed my hand and took me to the kitchen.

I sat on a stool at the end of the counter.

" So? what do you want to eat? " he questioned as he opened the fridge door and looked inside it for a few seconds.

" Anything " I muttered under my breath.

I still couldn't believe what happened couple of minutes ago. He fought with his best friend because of me. He told him swear words because of me. Am such a pain in the a$s. I ruin everything.

.

We were eating our breakfast silently, until we heard a knock on the door. We dropped our spoons in our plates and looked at each other for a while.

" Um.. If it's Carter, please tell him am not here okay?" I jumped up from the stool and went up to the guest room.

" Lea" Kyle yelled. " It's not him you can come down "

I opened the door slowly and walked to the stairs. I saw a brunette lady hugging Kyle. I kept on going down the stairs.

" em... Hi " she said.

" Hi" I whispered back.

" Am Brittany. " she smiled

" Sorry Lea I didn't introduce her to you."

" Lea this is Brittany. My girlfriend.And Brittany I told you about Lea"

oh..

" Nice to meet you Brittany."

" Nice to meet you too"

" okay. Lea, sorry I didn't tell you before but um-um... " Kyle said nervousely.

" You what Kyle?"

" I have to go. I mean I have something important to do" he looked at the ground.

" Why are you telling me?"

" Because you will be alone in the house. Am afraid something will happen to you."

" Oh com'on Kyle. You can go. Nothing will happen to me. I will not open to anyone."

" Um... really. I love you Lea." he hugged me.

" Me too. Now go before you'll be late"

******

I was eating chips when I heard knocking on the door.

Kyle has the key so he could have opened the door. It's 10:00 pm, who could have come here. There's only one person who could knock on the door right now. ' Carter ' oh no.