|33| Stop Smiling Fawley!

Zacznij od początku

Adelaide understood completely. She'd made a similar mistake her first night at Hogwarts. A wave of shame washed over.

"I can apologize to Evans and Mary, but I wanted to apologize to you first. You had no reason to be so nice to me and to be my friend and I just mucked it all up with my big mouth." He said miserably. "Before I really got to know you, I honestly thought were like how everyone talks about you..."

"That Pureblood Princess rubbish is still a thing?!" She asked incredulously. Evan half-smiled and nodded.

"But you're nothing like that, and it made me start to re-think some things."

"Like what?" She asked hopefully.

"Like if I really want to be like my parents... or some of my friends..." he said softly, as if he was afraid to say these words too loudly. She nodded slowly to herself in understanding.

"So you don't hate muggleborns and muggles?" She clarified.

"No! I mean... I did, but I don't anymore..." He explained.

Adelaide was so happy she could burst and unexpectedly hugged the older boy tightly as he chuckled. "Merlin, you're pretty strong for someone so tiny."

She let go to glare at him, he merely rolled his eyes with a smile. "So Addy... May I call you Addy?"

"You may,"

Evan smiled his dazzling smile. "Addy, I am so sorry for using such an awful word against your friend. I'm also very sorry for stalking you for the past few weeks..." He said with a nervous laugh, scratching the back of his neck.

"You're forgiven Evan, but if I ever see or hear of you being a prejudicial toad again, I will not hesitate to hex you into the next century." She said sincerely.

"I have no doubt about that..." he laughed.

"Let's go back in, I need to talk to Reggie." She said standing up.

Adelaide walked back into the great hall and straight over to the Slytherin table with Evan, making her way toward the dark haired boy eating his sandwich.

"Hey Reggie... can I talk to you?" She asked nicely. Regulus blinked. She was being nice. 

"Um yeah! Sure!" He said with his mouth full. He got up, but hesitated, holding his sandwich in his hands and looking between it and the plate.

"You can bring the stupid sandwich with you Reggie." She informed him with a smirk. This seemed to bring him some relief and the two walked out to the bench she had previously occupied.

"Alright, so I want to apologize for being a total bitch." She said bluntly. Regulus nearly choked on his tuna sandwich. Adelaide patted him on the back.

"I mean... you weren't that bad..."

"Reg. I put silencing charms on you five days in a row, turned your notebook into a duck, and called you a slimy toad by association." She told him sternly. "I was an awful friend, and I'm very sorry."

"I rather enjoyed the duck, I named him Libellus " Regulus laughed, "But, I forgive you Ads." He said easily. If he was being honest, he really hadn't held her meanness against her, but he knew she wouldn't accept that and forgave her anyway. "Does this mean you and Evan are friends again?" He asked.

She laughed. "Yes, I suppose. At the very least we aren't enemies."

"Oh good! I was getting so sick of having to grab some older kid to undo his silencing charms." He said relieved. Adelaide laughed her usual melodic laugh, that Regulus always thought sounded like some exotic songbird, and smiled seeing her so unburdened for a change.