|21| Saint Mungo's

Adelaide's parents arrived precisely on time Saturday evening via the floo of Dumbledore's office. The old and spritely wizard quickly led them to the hospital wing infirmary where their daughter was curled up next to a rather fluffy purple stuffed animal.

"Why is he here." Cathryn Fawley spat. Her cold shrill voice was practically oozing with venom and contempt for the curly haired boy laying atop the next bed.

Sirius awoke from his peaceful nap to a much less serene sight. Standing next to the great bearded headmaster were two older adults, both dressed in fine black robes with looks of disapproval stitched upon their faces.

"As I told you before Mrs Fawley, young Mr Black has been instrumental in the care of your daughter since she became ill." Dumbledore said in a calm, almost innocent voice.

Cathryn Fawley assumed that he was referring to Regulus when he mentioned this information in his letter. Filip Fawley, however, knew better.

"Why was a child allowed to administer care to my daughter? Don't you have staff for those types of things?" Cathryn said in a would-be-polite voice, if it weren't for the fury blazing in her hazel green eyes.

"I'm not a child! I'm thirteen, thank you very much." Grumbled Sirius, causing Dumbledore to smile just slightly.

"We certainly have staff!" Said Poppy, bursting into the conversation with two detestable potion vials in her hands.

"Oh Poppy, you're going to put Addy in a bad mood with those if you don't have some pumpkin juice for her to chase them down with." Sirius told the flustered healer with a smirk.

"I'm well aware. Why don't you go fetch them from the office for me Mr Black." She told the boy who was all too eager to help.

"Hmmm.. and you say that the boy has been by her side the whole week?" Mr. Fawley asked the headmaster.

"Yes, yes. Very precocious boy, severely lacking in manners..." Madam Pomfrey answered for the headmaster, "but an immense help. I swear he knows that girl better than himself." She said chuckling softly as she looked at the small girl. "Between him and his hoard of mischief makers, she has been very well taken care of."

"Hoard of mischief makers?" Mrs Fawley repeated incredulously.

"Oh I'm sure Adelaide's told you all about them. She and those boys are inseparable I tell you. They must have been here earlier by the look of it..." Madam Pomfrey said giving a disapproving look at the candy wrappers and half eaten jelly beans strewn across the floor. "But the boy's brother comes often as well. Always brings her flowers. It's very sweet." She told them with a smile. The last bit seemed to calm the angry Mrs Fawley by a fraction.

"Here you go!" Sirius said re-entering the room, placing the bottle of pumpkin juice on the table beside Adelaide. "You probably should get some more, this was the only one I could find." He told Poppy. "Do you want me to wake her up?" He asked.

"Well I don't see Miss Evans coming anytime soon!" She said with a laugh as Sirius smirked.

"Addy... Addykins..." he said, gently shaking her awake.

"Padfoot. For the last time. Stop. Shaking. Me. Awake." She said grumpily, peaking her eyes open and throwing Doris at him.