Quentin X Asthmatic!Reader

[tried to keep this gender-neutral, which is what I'm going to try to do from now on, so if I sucked at it let me know. Sorry for disappearing for so long, life's gone bat shit crazy...but hey random motivation to finally finish this chap. I personally don't have asthma so I deeply apologize if I upset anyone, just tell me what I did wrong and how to fix it!! I struggled really hard to portray it, but any tips are welcome.]

.
.
.

|Quentin's POV|

Staying awake and surviving is all that matters right now. Not the astoundingly attractive person running next to me-
Now isn't the time to drool!
"Quentin, duck!" They yelled, putting a hand on my back and shoving me down with them.
We fell to the floor with a synchronized grunt from the impact, but we had to quickly recover or we would be minced meat. Scrambling to our tired feet, we took off once again. Ashes fell around us in the hazy fog of the dream world as we ran from the striped shirt wearing, claw wielding, dream maniac not far behind us.
"Over here," I breathed, pushing them around the corner and ducking into the bushes next to a generator.
We hurriedly tried to make a loud enough noise to wake us. We eventually succeeded, and gasped awake and dove into the bushes clumsily. We stayed low to the ground as the eerie melody rang around us, the grass on the ground being ruffled by an invisible force.
I slowly began to breathe a bit more freely as the song faded from earshot. (Y/N), however, was not doing too good.  We both collapsed against the wall and heaved heavily, sick from running for so long and hard. (Y/N) was clutching their chest and wincing with each hard breath. I got up and offered a helping hand, which they weakly waved away. (Y/N) pulled out an inhaler shakily and needily, and inhaled the medicine with need.
"You alright?" I questioned in concern, and they nodded.
"Just give me a moment..." They breathed heavily, closing their eyes as they tried to even out their breathing.
Nodding, I looked around before approaching the generator once again. I crouched down and stared at the gears and wires within, all of it completely alien to me. I reached inside anyway and tried to arrange things in what I assume was correct positions.
"It sure as hell would be nice if this came with instructions..." (Y/N) grumbled, crouching on the opposite side of the generator. I chuckled softly, a grin etching onto my face.
"That would be nice, but we wouldn't be able to read them anyway," I responded, mimicking their actions on the opposite side of the generator as they slightly seemed to know what they were doing.
We finished the generator without any incidents or another encounter with the dream man. I checked up on (Y/N) before we headed towards another generator, only to get yanked down by the back of my shirt. I turned and looked at (Y/N) in confusion and they only put a finger to their lips to shush me and then pointed at the scene in front of us.
Another person was being chased and had just been struck down by the invisible dream maniac. They tried to crawl away but they were dragged and absolutely massacred by the killer.
My mouth dropped open a bit and I felt a hand grab my shoulder with a tight grip. I turned and looked at my shaken team mate, and my stomach twisted.
I grabbed the hand on my shoulder and gave them a tight squeeze before leading them away from the horrid scene we witnessed. I pulled them next to a different area and went to work on the next generator. Something in me couldn't however, I could feel the horrified aura radiating off of (Y/N). I hesitated before stepping towards them and gently tapping their shoulder and hesitantly opening my arms for a hug. They practically dove into my arms and sobbed for a long moment. Before pulling away they whispered an apology and sniffled while wiping away tears.
"I've never seen someone die or even witnessed anything close to as horrific as that and to see it happen l-like that so up close and personal was..." they stopped as they covered their mouth as another sob wracked their body.
My face contorted into one of agony and sympathy, my heart lurching at the sight of them so distraught.
"The faster we get out of here the less death we'll see..." they mumbled suddenly, wiping away their tears and snot from their face. Their glassy eyes were swimming with an array of dark emotions, their cheeks and eyes tinged red from the distress.
Nodding, we scoped out the next generator and began working away at the puzzling gears and sparking wires. (Y/N) let out a sniffle every once in a while, but seemed to be intently focused on leaving.
After singing my hands a few times to quickly grab some mischievous runaway gears and brushing my hand against the active wires, the glorious light protruding from the generator turned on and the generator pumped at full power. (Y/N) and I looked at each other with relief as we heard the alarm of the giant powered doors go off, signaling we were almost free.
"Just a little bit longer, we got thi-" I began to say when the lullaby of the madman suddenly seeped into the air around us. "Run (Y/N)! Don't look back, just go!"
I shoved them forward and scrambled after them, my mind racing with ways to distract the nightmare behind me.
Just needs to be long enough for them to get the door open...
I peeked behind me briefly to see where the killer was, and was shocked to find that nobody was there. I stopped and crouched low to look around, hoping to see where he got off to.
That's when I heard them, the last person in this god damn hellhole that I wanted to be hurt.
"(Y/N), NO!" I practically screeched, straining my vocal cords harshly and making my voice die out from the sudden outburst. Whirling around and sprinted off after them, hoping and pleading I could get there in time. When they both came into view I automatically scooped up a rock and hurled it at the murderers skull, hoping to grab his attention. It definately worked, and I could see (Y/N) holding themself as they tried to stop bleeding out behind him.
I flipped him off despite the fear that gripped my whole body, but he was not getting them. The rock pissed them off enough that they started stomping towards me with their bladed glove raised with the intent to kill.
I saw (Y/N) stumbled to the door and pull down the lever before I realized how close the killer was.
"Fuck..." I turned to my left and took off towards the wooden maze, hoping to stall him long enough and not die in the process.
I felt a haze wash over me and my legs pumped a little slower as my head drooped. Despite this, my heart was pounding and my mind felt awake.
Why is my body shutting down on me right now? Can this maniac make me fall asleep at his will?
I ducked around a corner and dropped to the ground, holding my head as my eyes drooped closed. Images of (Y/N) flashed through my head and my heart jolted as I realized I was wasting time and putting them in danger.
Then I heard the door creak open loudly, alerting anyone in the area of the freedom.
"Quentin!" They shouted, voice echoing and slightly strained.
I dragged myself to my feet and pushed towards them, focusing on not falling and staying awake.
"I'm here," I croaked, "we need to go-now."
I grabbed their arm and pushed them through the door, not even bothering to look behind and locate the nightmare thats been taunting us for countless hours.
...
We eventually made it back to the campsite, and both of us slumped to the ground by a log in exhaustion. My head rolled to the side lazily as sleep tried to pull me under.
"Keep...keep me awake..." I practically whispered, but they heard me. (Y/N) sat for a moment, mind whirling of some way to keep me awake. I heard them shuffle around as my eyelids slipped shut, feeling so heavy I feel I couldn't open them ever again.
Then a weight pressed down on my lap and around my neck, followed by the warming of my lips. My mind was slow to process, but my body reacted instantly. My eyes opened immediately and my hands moved and fit onto the sides of (Y/N).
(Y/N)?!
They're...I must be asleep, I have to be asleep. Or maybe this is their ploy to keep me awake?
I pulled away after a moment, my mind buzzing with shock.
"I-I'm sorry was that...too forward?" They stuttered, their eyes going wide with worry and a deep frown carving into their features.
I couldn't bring myself to answer without sounding idiotic, so I just tightened my grip on their side before wrapping my arms around them completely to pull them closer.
"Is this too forward?" I muttered lowly, connecting our lips once again. But this time I enjoyed the sensations I was feeling. For the first time in hours my heart wasn't pounding from running for my life, my hands weren't shaky from fear, and I felt at ease having them in my arms.
We had to pull away to breathe many times, each time getting hotter and a little more desperate. I wasn't willing to let it go further so I moved my hands to their shoulders and slightly pushed them back, panting with nearly closed eyes.
(Y/N) practically whined, and I noticed the lust clouding their (E/C) eyes. I reached up and cupped their face, shaking my head softly as I brought our foreheads together.
"I'm not quite comfortable with where this is headed right now, let's just...sit here..." I mumbled, euphoria running through me.
(Y/N) hummed softly, their fingers drawing random little squiggles and shapes on my upper back.
Went through hell only to discover a blissfull heaven right after.
.
.
.
Word count: 1754
Finally finished this u guys omg!! I love all of you, especially if you've stuck around through all the inconsistency. ❤❤