twenty-seven

"Ugh..."

Benny flopped backwards into his bed, surrounded by his spellbook and other magic books. He's been following his grandmother's orders by becoming a higher-level mage, and nothing says being awesome and learning how to do awesome things like studying for months on end.

He mumbled a telekinesis spell under his breath as his spellbook came floating into his hands and dropped onto his face. Benny lifted the book to accidentally spot one particular spell. "The hell is this?" he asked himself.

He read aloud, "Desires of Life: This spell is meant for each of the loved ones in your life. They will be granted with each wish they had ever been drawn to without knowing it."

Benny read it over several times, seeing if he read it right the first four times. "...Yup, I'm doing it."

He sat up in his bed and held his hand out in front of him, firmly speaking the Latin written on the page. "Oppositum hominum amores!" he cried. A flash of blue light surrounded the room, and before Benny knew it... he was already being woken up by his grandma.

"Benny, get up! You're gonna be late!" his grandmother yelled from the bottom of the stairs. Benny jerked up from his bed, which he was now laying down in, and furrowed his eyebrows. "Uh... what the—?"

He reached for his clock and read the time: 7:12 am. "How is it...? Huh?"

Once Benny got ready, he ran down his stairs to his kitchen to see Evelyn standing by the stove. "I'm gonna go, Grandma. Ethan and Ellie are probably wondering where I am right about now."

"...Who are they?" she replied, turning her head slightly. Benny paused for a second, but then chuckled at his grandma. "Funny stuff. I've gotta run."

——————

Benny walked to the front of the school yard that morning before the tardy bell rang. A bunch of students were already standing outside in their little groups. The jocks, the nerds, the popular kids; practically every stereotypical group was outside at the picnic tables before school started. 

Normally, he'd see Rory talking people's ears off in the morning, but he didn't even spot him. He's probably missing. Good thing for us.

He continued his way into the school, a little bit excited for what was in store for that day. Since that spell he cast the night before would help them out and make them happy, he was hyped to see them and what happened. 

Benny entered his first period of the day, which was biology with Ethan and Ellie. He walked in to see that everything in class was a bit off. Desks weren't aligned as they were the previous day, and there were students in there that weren't usually in his class. And since Ethan and Ellie weren't in the class yet, he figured he'd just sit in a desk and wait for them.

He smiled when he heard Ellie's laugh from the classroom door. But when he turned around, it was definitely not what he expected. 

Ellie strutted into the room with two other girls on each side of her, all three of them wearing cheerleading uniforms. Benny's jaw dropped to floor when he saw Ellie in a tiny skirt and bright red lipstick. "E-Ellie?" he stuttered, cocking an eyebrow at how his girlfriend was acting.

She acknowledged him, but scoffed in his face. "Did you just say my name? Ew!" she squealed, whining to her other cheer friends on each of her shoulders. "Ugh, I got nerd fumes all over me! Get it off!" 

"What the fu— hey, Ellie!" Benny tried to say before a shove quickly came in his direction. As he was slammed into the desks, he saw who pushed him with such force: Ethan.

"This nerd bothering you, babe?" Ethan grunted, cracking his knuckles while staring Benny down like a dog. Benny's head was so thrown around that he couldn't even comprehend what was happening, or that Ethan was jacked and was wearing a letterman varsity football jacket.

"He grabbed me!" Ellie lied, whining at the top of her lungs.

"What the hell is happening?" Benny mumbled to himself. He knew he was in trouble when he saw Ethan cock his fist back, getting ready to hit. "Shit, shit, shit, tempus augue nunc!"

Everyone in the room stopped. Literally. 

Benny opened his eyes and saw everyone in the class paused, and that's when he got a good look at everybody. Ethan had on a red football jersey underneath his letterman jacket, along with a dangling pair of earbuds that fell around his neck. He could practically smell the douche-baggery on him.

It was the same case with Ellie. Her tight skirt made Benny extremely uncomfortable, knowing that she'd never wear anything like that in her life. She wouldn't be caught dead in that uniform. 

In the front of the room, Benny surprised himself by who he saw. Rory.

Rory was standing in front of the class next to the teacher, apparently talking to him before time stopped. Benny was dumbfounded by how Rory looked. He just looked... smart.

He wore a buttoned-up shirt with the sleeves rolled up, kinda like Jim from The Office. He had a pair of glasses on, but even Benny could see that there were no frames in them. 

"Woah..."

——————

"Oh my god, okay..." Benny spoke to himself in the middle of the empty hallway, taking advantage of his time-stopping spell. "So, I used a desires of life spell that turned out to be a complete BS spell that turned everyone I care about into an opposite copy of themselves."

"Rory is super smart somehow, Ellie is an annoying cheerleader, and Ethan is a jock on 'roids," he explained. Benny's face bunched together when he continued, "And they're dating..."

He shuttered at the thought, and quickly replaced it with another problem. "Okay, so now I need to find Sarah and Erica. This should be fun."

Benny remembered their first period classes and quickly ran to Sarah and Erica's class. As time was still stopped, he found his way in front of the AP Chemistry classroom, opening the door to see who was inside.

The teacher and all the students were frozen and Benny scanned the room looking for Sarah and Erica, and needless to say, he definitely found them.

They were sat right next to each other at their table, and Benny barely recognised them. Erica was wearing a big hockey jersey that had the school initials on the front and her last name on the back. Her hair was in a huge messy bun and Benny spotted a rainbow heart button pinned on her bookbag. "Hockey-playing lesbian and... oh my god."

His eyes widened when he got a good look at Sarah. She didn't even look like herself. Her all-black attire really threw Benny off, along with her bold black lipstick and her heavy makeup. The teased hair with red streaks was enough to make Benny wanna laugh, but he knew how serious this was. Sarah's legs were crossed on top of the desk as she listened to the teacher.

"I hate myself for laughing at this, but this is too good..."

——————

A.N:

The only thing I changed was this author's note, but I probably won't make another chapter for this one. You all can figure out what happens. :)

 But, as of right now, this will be the last episode chapter that I will right before the finale. I might change my mind but right now, this is the last one. 

I'm gonna post a big smoochy chapter on how this book has been really fun to write, etc. Be prepared, fellas.