eighteen

*WARNING* If you're sensitive to things like gore, blood, etc., please skip the next three chapters.

It was the Thursday before their usual weekly-scheduled movie night, but this week was different: teacher-planning day for the high school. 
All the teachers had to come to school... but the students didn't. You can only imagine how excited all the teenagers were.

"Hey, Sarah," Ellie greeted, finding the vampire at her locker. "Ethan and Benny wanna have a three-day weekend movie night tonight, so you wanna come?"

"Did they just realize that we don't have school tomorrow?" Sarah laughed.
"We literally planned this twenty minutes ago," Ellie chuckled.

"Hell yeah, I wanna join!" Sarah smiled. "Meet at Ethan's at nine o'clock like always?"
"Yes, ma'am," Ellie joked.
Sarah grinned as she turned to leave for her next class, oblivious to Ellie quickly sprinting down the hallway and meeting back up with Ethan and Benny.

"Okay, she said yes," Ellie panted, almost ramming into Benny as she arrived at their lockers. "This means that your odds of asking Sarah out tonight have quadrupled!"

"Thank god," Ethan sighed. "I'm nervous as hell."

"Don't be, dude," Benny assured. "There's no way she'll reject you."

The mages sent a gaze to each other's way, chuckling at the information that Ethan didn't have. Benny and Ellie knew about Sarah's little crush, and they both thought that Ethan was the luckiest guy on the planet.

"What are we watching tonight, anyway?" Ethan questioned.

"Well, we never got to make fun of the Lightning Thief, since we had to deal with that succubus," Ellie said.
Benny snorted, "Ha... 'suck'ubus."

------------

As her boots echoed down the dark street, Sarah knew she would get to Ethan's house right on time. It was nights like these that forced her to remember the traumatic thoughts of her immortal origin.
The streetlights would always flicker and buzz as she walked under them, cringing at the memory of Jesse holding her hands under these specific lights.

She was a vampire. For life. She'll never be the same because of him... what happened to him?

Rustling from her left halted Sarah's inner monologue, instantly freezing so her boots couldn't make any more noise. The bush beside of this streetlight was swaying back and forth, toying with Sarah's jumpiness. 

With her head geared towards this bush, the grasp of two burly arms wrapped around Sarah's body sent her mind into shock.
"—AH!"
She felt her feet dangling from under her, instinctively hissing and baring her fangs out at the sudden assault. A massive hand covered her mouth from shouting as Sarah darted her eyes around her surroundings.

The warmth of a vehicle's insides caught Sarah off-guard as the continued to fight her way out of this person's grip.
"LET GO OF ME!"

"...Knock her out," a voice spoke from the driver's seat.

A strong blow struck the side of Sarah's temple, and the wave of darkness fell upon her conscious.

------------

"It's ten o'clock; where the hell is Sarah?" 

Ethan paced around his kitchen's island as Benny and Ellie squinted at his unease. 

"Maybe, something came up?" Benny shrugged. "We did plan this in third period."

"I mean, she texted me after school to make sure we were still on for movie night," Ellie mentioned. 
"Okay, am I allowed to be worried now?"

"Dude, chill..." Benny lightened. "We'll just watch the movie and if she doesn't show, we'll ask her about it tomorrow. No biggie."

------------

A bright light forced itself into Sarah's vision, causing her to blink harshly at the change of unconscious pace.
"Finally awake, are you?"
A malnourished face grinned at Sarah, smirking at her hard flinch within the binds of the wooden chair she was tied into. Her wrists were bound to two armrests, while her ankles shook against the chair's legs. 

A group of supposed people stood before the horrified vampire, huffing with crossed arms as the skinny, malnourished man bent down to her seated level.
The man's bony hand caressed the side of Sarah's cheek, sighing at her features.
"You're so beautiful, too..." the man exhaled. "...What a shame."

Sarah did not hesitate to shoot her threatening fangs at the man, snarling at the top of her throat as she began to realize she was fighting for freedom.
"BACK AWAY!" Sarah growled in her monstrous voice. "I CAN KILL YOU!"

"Oh, darling," the skinny man cooed, grinning in Sarah's face to reveal his accompanied fangs. She was not the only vampire here. "...Let's not embarrass ourselves."

Sarah tried her best to fight her lip from quivering.
"Let me go; I'm a part of the vampire council—!"
"—The vampire council?" the man stopped. "How funny... because we are what's left of the vampire council."

"W-What—?"
"How did you survive the explosion, fledgling?" the man interrupted, snapping away from Sarah and spinning a circle around her chair. "Did your... magic friends help?"

"I'm alive because I stayed and fought unlike you!" Sarah snarled. "You all brainwashed the other vampires and told them to run—!"
"—WRONG ANSWER."

The man's scrawny arm motioned one of his posse over, leading a mountain of a vampire to huff at the teen, cracking his knuckles above Sarah's head. 
"I will ask again, fledgling..." the man taunted. "How did you and your little nerd group survive the explosion?"

"I'm not telling you anything."

The malnourished man scowled at Sarah, grunting under his breath at the refusal of his orders.
"So, something needs to make you talk?" the man smirked, motioning to his followers. "Council... bring me the witch."

"NO—!"
A hard punch dotted Sarah's vision right away, groaning as she watched her eyes roll to the back of her head. Sarah fought to stay conscious as her brain felt like it had swallowed her heart.
"Shut it!" the skinny man hissed.

"Sir," one of the councilman interrupted. "What about the wizard?"

"Not him; he creeps me out."