The White Glow and The War Part 5

Recap: He heard someone's footsteps approach him, their laughs itching him to fight them. But Apoth wouldn't budge.

"You are a monster. You are nothing compared to us," they spoke. Apoth's hate, his pain, his anger was fuelled by the words.

"You are powerless to stop us, you couldn't even save the one you loved. But the funniest part about this," The Primordial leaned in and whispered in Apoth's ear, "It was all your fault."

That was when Apoth lost it and blacked out.

Thalassa chuckled evilly as she celebrated her siblings' victory over the mortal. She could tell their laughs were taunting him, which was exactly what they wanted.

But the mortal seemed too depressed to actually do anything. They had just made his lover fade though so it was expected.

Thalassa chuckled, why would she feel bad about that? He had killed Aether. A slight pain in her chest reminded her of Aether's death. 'He didn't fade, he will be back in a millennia.'

But still, she couldn't help but feel angry at the mortal. I guess that's why they were taunting him. Thalassa smiled, he had no powers anymore he couldn't do anything about it.

She took a step toward the mortal, her laughs were mockingly as she taunted him. One foot in front of the other and she was already behind him.

She stopped laughing, Thalassa leaned down to his level, her anger for what this mortal could do was showing.

"You are a monster. You are nothing compared to us. You are powerless to stop us, you couldn't even save the one you loved. But the funniest part about this."

Thalassa chuckled bitterly and leaned in to whisper in his ear, "It was all your fault."

With that quick sentence, she got to her feet smiling at how the mortal seemed to deflate at her words. She could feel the anger rolling off of him when she was speaking.

Thalassa smirked as the mortal seemed to become limb, 'probably passed out in fear thinking I would kill him right then and there.'

She turned around, walking back to where her siblings were still celebrating. Her thoughts wandered to what they would do now.

When she was about halfway back to her siblings she felt something in her gut, not literally but more like a churning. Her eyes scanned her siblings, it seemed that they too noticed it.

They all seemed confused about the sudden aura change. Thalassa looked to gauge the other Primordials' feelings on it. Her eyes landed on the Primordial of Fate.

Thalassa focused on Ananke, it would make sense that she would maybe know, she was the Primordial of Inevitability. Thalassa watched as the grey-eyed Primordial of Inevitability look at her, or more specifically, behind her.

Thalassa whipped around, ready to pierce any being behind her. Her pupils shrunk as she saw the activity behind her.

The mortal, or more specifically, one string of a silver strand of his hair, was glowing a bright silver. Thalassa snarled, she charged the downed mortal, confusion creeping into her head.

The mortal was still down, but she couldn't take any chances. The glowing could mean he was going to unleash some sort of attack. She summoned her trident and shot a powerful wave of energy at the mortal.

The unthinkable happened. The mortal's strand of hair glowed a bright silver and blocked the Primordial's attack. Thalassa stopped in her tracks, shock and confusion overpowering her logical thoughts.