Chapter 8: Halloween

It's been so long since you've been this excited for Halloween. Then again, it's also been a long time since you had a reason to be. You grin as you try to plan out your costume and try to imagine what Bickslow might wear. Bickslow seems to like Halloween...a lot.

You enter the guildhall, ready to get some more work in before the holiday. As usual, the guild is a circus. Chairs are flying, people are yelling, Natsu and Gray are trading blows, etc. Just another day in the Fairy Tail guild.

You grin as you send Nox ahead to check out the request board while you get a drink. You chat with Lisana at the bar. She's got a lot of spunk for her age, but you suppose that it might be genetic.

You smile "So, do you guys (her family) ever dress up for Halloween? Or, do you guys just use your takeover magic?" She giggles and comments how I'm the first person to ask her that. Before she can answer though, a cup of beer shatters against the wall nearby.

You growl and force a smile "Would you excuse me for a moment?" She nods, wearing a huge grin. You spin around as you hop off your stool. You focus, pulling all the shadows of the guild to you.

The gather, condense, and swirl around your body, engulfing you in the shadows. No one notices until you make the shadows expand in solid pillars, pushing the usual troublemakers, and anyone else who looks guilty, against the walls as you yell "ENOUGH!"

The shadows cover their bodies, rendering them immobile. A hush falls over the guild and all eyes are on you. There are a few gasps but otherwise its silent as the cemetery. Your eyes look like they're made of ethereal mist, wisps of black smoke curling out of them.

Then, you hear Master Makarov call out to you "You've gotten much better (f/n), but I think they've learned their lesson." You nod "Thank you Master, I've been practicing." You focus on the shadows, changing the pillars into rings around each person.

The rings hold each person and lower them to the ground. Once everyone is on the ground, you release your hold on the shadows. The shadows fall like wet paint onto the floor, coating it before it shifts and separates into each individual shadows.

Only when all of the shadows have returned to their original spots, do your eyes return to normal. You grin as you stride over to the request board. Nox, who was perched on top of the board, hops down onto your shoulder so he can point out some good jobs.

Just as you're about to pick one, you spot one that's perfect. It's requesting wizards to come and assist them in making a haunted house for Halloween, 70000 jewel per person up to 4 individuals. You grin. Bickslow loves Halloween.

The job starts the 30th to meet and plan out your (the wizard's) role in the haunted house, so you've got some time to plan a few things. You wonder if anyone else will want to join in on the job. Well...besides Bickslow.

Ooooo! Maybe Mira or Elfman will want to get in on it. Their demon and beast souls would be great in a haunted house! You'll have to ask when they return from their job. You confirm with Master Makarov that you'll be taking the job before you leave the guild hall.

You spend the rest of the day researching different creatures that you could change Nox into for Halloween. As cool as these forms are, it's harder for Nox to do it the first few times, so you have to change him into them a few times before it no longer causes him pain.

~Time Skip brought to you by NaLi!~

You smile as Papa, one of Bickslow's babies and the one with the smiley face, makes a group of little kids giggle as it sings a Halloween song. When it finishes, the kids applaud and Bickslow and Papa take a bow.