Chapter 4: Missed

~~~time skip brought to you by Jet's Dr. Seuss hat~~~

You have tagged along with Team Shadow Gear (Levy, Jet, and Droy). You leave early in the morning for a job taking out bandits in a nearby town.

~Bickslow's P.O.V.~

Just a few hours later though, around noon, the Thunder Legion returns to the guild hall. When they enter, everyone welcomes them back and Makarov asks how it went. Evergreen just shrugs like it was boring.

"Did we miss anything exciting while we were away?" Freed asks as they take seats at a table near the bar where Makarov sat with his rather large beer mug and order drinks.

"Hmmm...Ah! That's right! We have a new member." He replies after about two minutes wracking his brain for news as he takes a swig of beer.

"Really? Tell me about them." Evergreen requests as she looks at Makarov and Mirajane.

"Her name is (f/n), a transfiguration wizard." Mira says as she gets them their drinks.

"Such a pretty name. Is she here? I'd love to meet her." Evergreen says as she looks around the guild hall.

No one notices when Bickslow froze up upon hearing your name and went silent. He too glanced around when Evergreen asked if she was here, trying to see if he could spot his friend. He pouted a little when he found no sign of her.

'She chose Fairy Tail? So that's why she asked me about it last time, she was trying to decide if she wanted to come. Wait...does that mean...I'm the reason she chose Fairy Tail?'

Bickslow is pulled from his thoughts when he hears Makarov mention that (f/n) went with Levy and the gang on a mission this morning. 'Damn it! I missed her?!' he yelled in his head in frustration before he realised that his face had contorted to show his frustration, including a very visible scowl. He plasters a grin on his face hoping no one notices. Laxus noticed but says nothing.

After hanging around the guild for awhile, he overhears some people talking about the new mage. He knew (f/n) used magic but she never told him what it was. He hears people say that she uses an old, rare type of magic and eventually overhears Erza explaining the magic to Natsu and Gray.

'Partner Transfiguration magic huh? That's pretty ancient magic.' he thought to himself as he realized that Nox is to (f/n), as his babies are to him.  Their magics left them more or less defenseless on the battlefield. He'd needed to train himself to fight in hand-to-hand combat and even some acrobatics in case his babies were ever incapacitated. 'I wonder if she's done any training...she should.'

Bickslow is torn from his thoughts as Freed stands and tells them he's heading home. It was getting late so Bickslow decides to head home too. He was grateful that Freed had some shopping to do before heading back to the house the team shared since it gave him some peace and quiet to think. As he walks, his babies fly around him. "So, (f/n)'s joined Fairy Tail huh?" He says more to himself than to his babies.

"(f/n)?"

"Yay!"

"She's a hottie!"

"You missed her!"

"And you liiike her!"

"Shut Up!" He yells at the dolls as they all go silent. 'I am so glad I'm wearing my helmet right now.' He thought to himself as a furious blush forms on his cheeks.

~Your P.O.V.~

By the time you returned from your job with Levy, Jet, and Droy, it was already dark out so you head on home. You decide to try turning Nox into a large cat as practice and to keep away any unwanted visitors. You arrive home safe and crash onto your bed after changing into your pajamas and brushing your teeth. That night, you dream of a princess dancing with her knight in a ballroom.

You wake to the sound of Nox squawking at another bird, telling it to get out of your small window garden. 'What a strange, yet beautiful dream.' you think as you smile to yourself, sit up, and stretch. It's about 7:30 in the morning, but you didn't mind, you were usually up sometime between 7:30 and 8:30 every morning. You didn't like to waste the day sleeping when there was work to do and adventures to be had. Especially since you had finally joined a guild!

Feeling especially giddy this morning, you open the window to let Nox go hunt for food while you proceeded with a morning routine of washing your face, making and eating breakfast, and all the other things everyone does before they leave the house in the morning. Your long (h/c) was tied back in a high ponytail, showing off your guild stamp. You put on your favorite (f/c) v-neck t-shirt and a pair of (f/c) jeans since it was autumn right now. You pull on the combat boots your dad had given you and whistle for Nox.

He soon appears on your shoulder and you head to the guild to see your new friends. On the way there, you decide to try turning Nox into a person. You knew you could, you just never tried it before since it took a bit more magic than some of the other small transfigurations. "Nox. Into a man." you waved your hand as a black magic circle appeared beneath him.

When done, he stood at about 5'7" and looked to be about 17 years old. He had piercing, bird-like yellow eyes, jet black hair that stuck out in clumps to resemble his feathers. His skin was chocolate colored and he wore a simple black t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers. He even had a (f/c) Fairy Tail stamp in the exact same spot as you! 'Thank goodness he's not naked!' you thought to yourself, which had been a big concern of yours for awhile.

Pleased with how well he turned out, you decide to leave him as a human until it wears off or becomes inconvenient. Thus, you walk with a human Nox to the guild hall chatting about nothing in particular as you daydream about the adventures that await you.

~~~time skip to the guild hall brought to you by Plu's squishy face~~~

When you arrive, you look around and spot Cana sitting at the bar. You walk over and exchange greetings as you and Nox snag two of the seats at the counter. Cana raises an eyebrow at you and you look at her confused. She points at the dark-haired man sitting next to you. "Who's the boyfriend?"

It takes you a moment to realise what she's talking about and giggle. "That's Nox, Cana. My familiar." Her eyebrows shoot up in surprise as you smile. "I did say I could turn him into anything."

"No kidding. Can you do a dragon? A unicorn? A vulcan?" Cana starts listing off creatures I could turn Nox into. I giggle furiously at her attempt to find something I couldn't turn him into.

"Cana, I could turn you into a chupacabra if I knew what it looked like." Having apparently answered her question fully, she smiles and nods in satisfaction.

You order smoothies for you and Nox which Mira places in front of you a few minutes later. You both enjoy your fruity drinks while chatting with Mira and Cana, unaware of the many pairs of eyes on you. Among them were the intense blue eyes belonging to a one Laxus Dreyar seated across the room with the Thunder Legion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's all for now babies. Keep an eye out for the next chapter!