Chapter 6: First Date

~~~3 month skip courtesy of Mira's unexplained happiness~~~

You've been working hard at the guild the past few months, but you weren't on any team of your own. You tended to bounce around, taking jobs with just about anyone and everyone, including the Thunder Legion. You quit the dance instructor job awhile ago to focus on your magic training. You also spent every weekend doing hand-to-hand combat and acrobatics training with Bickslow.

Despite the fact that the two of you usually go to get ice cream after these training sessions, you really enjoyed the training more...and not just because you got Bickslow all to yourself for several hours a day...though you'd never complain about that perk.

You are currently sitting with the girls (Levy, Cana, Erza, Evergreen, and Mira). Since you'd been gone for almost a month on your last job, that's all you had been talking about since you sat down. You had told Nox to go ahead and explore the guild hall since he got bored pretty easily. The topic eventually switched gears to girl stuff and boys. You were currently teasing Levy about which teammate she'd rather date, Jet or Droy. She was sporting an intense blush now that we've asked her.

It was Saturday and it's been awhile since you and the girls talked. Knowing this, Erza was trying to come up with an activity you could all do together. So far you had on the list of possibilities: movie night, game night, drinking, and a sleepover. You prepare to take a vote on what you do tonight. Unknown to the them, a tiki doll that had previously been floating above the girl's booth, flies over to the table where Bickslow was sitting.

~~Bickslow's P.O.V.~~
"So, they're planning a girl's night huh? Maybe I shouldn't ask." my voice is quiet, a barely audible whisper after hearing from the doll what the girls are planning. I'm pretty sure no one around me heard what I said, but my babies heard me just fine.

"Aw come on!"
"Man up!"
"Do it!"
"You've waited long enough!"
"She's waited long enough!"

I sigh, knowing just how right they are. I take a deep breath and get to my feet. I take a few more deep breaths to calm my nerves. I reach for a beer that Macao left on the table, intending to drink away my nerves, and bring it to my lips. Before I drink though, I freeze and remember what I'm so nervous about. At that, I put the drink down on a tray to be cleaned up and stride over to the booth where the girls were sitting, determined to do this right. Doing my absolute best to slow my breathing so I won't stutter.

I approach the back of the booth so (f/n) is sitting with her back to me. I feel my nerves vanish as I get my usual confidence back and I put a finger to my lips to tell Mira and Erza, who are facing me, to not say a word. They both grin a little and give me a slight nod. 'Heh. They probably think I'm trying to scare her like last time. Boy are they in for a surprise.' I feel a small grin form on my face as I reach the table.

I grip the booth with both hands so they're on either side of (f/n)'s shoulders, brush away a few loose strands of hair, and lean down so my lips are less than an inch from her right ear. I whisper so only she can hear. "Girl's night sounds fun and all, but how about dinner and a surprise activity with me instead?"

(f/n) freezes. I can feel a sly grin crawl onto my face as I realise that she is questioning my intentions. So, I clarify "I'm asking you out on a date (f/n). And don't worry, I'm not planning anything dirty for the surprise, that'll come later. Tonight's date is rated G. What do you say?"

~~Your P.O.V.~~
I freeze when I feel Bickslow's warm breath on my ear. I barely manage to process what he's said before a thought crosses my mind 'Wait...is he...asking me out? And what does he mean by "surprise activity"? He doesn't mean sex does he?'

My face must've shown what I was thinking because I suddenly feel his hot breath on my ear again. As he clarifies that this will be a date and the activity isn't sexual. 'In that case...' I think as I reach up with my right hand and place it on the back of his head. I use this as leverage to pull his head down so I can whisper in his ear.