2.5

"Who was that boy?"

Jisung froze. He slowly turned his head to the voice, meeting eyes with his mother. "Oh—hi mom, weren't you at work?" he asked nervously, attempting to change the subject.

"No, I'm off today sweetie. Your father works today though," she gave him a warm smile. "So who was that boy?"

Jisung sighed and went over to the living room, taking a seat on the couch. "He's uh, Minhee's brother. Now I know that sounds bad but please let me explain."

"Go on then," Jisung's mother urged as she set down the book she had been reading, "when did he get here?"

"Well you know how I went out last night, right?" Jisung asked and his mother nodded. "He kind of got a little drunk—I didn't though, don't worry—and I couldn't take him back home cause it was too late and everyone else didn't want to take him so I had to, and I just brought him here.."

The boy's mother stayed quiet for a little while, it seemed like she was thinking about something. Jisung knew that look. She nodded and smiled, "Jisung."

"Yes..?"

"Do you like him?"

Jisung began to panic now, was he really that obvious? He didn't actually have to answer that—of course he was. "N-No, what? I mean, I like him—as a friend, but he doesn't, because of reasons but yeah no, I don't like him what do you mean?"

She just raised an eyebrow with a knowing look on her face, "you like him don't you?"

Jisung looked down and nodded slowly. His mother sighed and got up, going over to him to hug him. "I'm sorry, it must be hard to be around him and spending time with his sister instead," she rubbed Jisung's shoulder and pulled him closer.

"Wait you're not mad?" Jisung looked up in shock, he was not expecting this of all things.

"No, why would I be? Oh—because of the arranged marriage huh?" Jisung nodded. "Well, I didn't want to put you through it but it was for business and it was necessary to do it.." she went on but stopped once she saw her son's face drop even more than it had.

"Hey but maybe I could try and push the wedding back a few more weeks, if you're in your own relationship by then, then you can't be forced out of it," she gave him a warm smile and rubbed Jisung's head, messing up his hair.

Jisung stared at his mother with wide eyes and his jaw dropped, "y-you're telling me to go against the arranged marriage you set up yourself?"

"For your happiness, of course." She gave a small laugh, "and I didn't set it up, it was your father and Minhee's father, by the way—you cannot tell anybody about this conversation, alright?"

Jisung nodded quickly and hugged his mother tightly, "I love you oh my gosh—thank you so much!" He got up and was about to run out of the room but his mother stopped him.

"Oh and what's his name?"

"Oh uh, Minho."

She smiled, "okay, go on."

"Alright—thank you again," Jisung spoke quick and ran back up to his own room.

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

Jisung's mom = best mom

and if anyone is confused, this is what happened right when Minho left and before Jisung called Minho, just so you know👀

everyone– this book has 24K reads as of now– I've been waiting for this moment– if no one gets this then I'll just let myself out sjjdjsjs

101618