Chapter 69: Finding the Answers p 1

The dark wizard fixed his gaze on the emptiness in front of him and pulled out his wand as Harry ran in ahead of his teacher in defense, "Expelliarmus!"

The invisible man dodged the spell and Snape pushed the boy out of his way, sending silent curses hurling towards Blevins. He recognized the subtle movements being made and the soft swooshes of the cloak and followed the noise with his wand. He twirled on his heel and shot another wordless spell flying in a jet of blue electricity. Hermione pulled out her wand as well and tried to watch and listen for the invisible wizard that seemed to just be teasing them. Snape growled and guarded Hermione with an arm, not wishing for her to join the fight with Blevins. Another swift sound of the cloak was heard from his right and Harry jumped in the way, shrieking another spell. The Potions Master realized that it was a trap and pushed the boy to Hermione as he pointed his wand in front of him,

"Reducto!" he murmured and shot Delmer through the air into the already broken podium.

The others in the room watched as Snape blasted the invisible man and were all shocked to see the Potions Master alive. Neville sucked in his breath as he saw Thorfinn Rowle coming up behind Snape with his wand ready to attack.

"Harry!" he pointed to the Kingsley imposter so his friend could see the threat leering towards them.

He was just a second too late as Rowle leapt for the teacher, "Avada Kedav-"

"Expelliarmus!" Ginny disarmed the blonde man and quickly filled in the gap between Snape and the Death Eater, almost guarding the Potions Master. She jabbed her wand into Rowle's cheek with vigor and growled,

"That is my teacher!" she huffed and pushed the man's chest, making him stumble back out of pure shock, "Try to hex him again and I will make antlers grow out of your head! Stupefy!" Ginny stunned Rowle and sent him rolling across the floor in a massive heap.

She stood up straight as she looked back at Snape who seemed more than bewildered at her actions. Ginny blushed and gave him a small smile, "What?"

"That was bloody brilliant!" Ron slapped his sister on the back for a job well done.

A scream was heard behind them and Snape whipped around to his horror and saw Hermione being held be the neck, writhing on the floor by Delmer Blevins who had her at wand point. The small man smirked and gave a maniacal laugh, "Looks like we have a damsel in distress, wouldn't you say?"

Snape strode forward in a furious manner, "Let her go... now."

"No." he laughed again, "You see, I think she will become rather useful to me now. I will kill her if you do not listen to my every command."

His eyes narrowed, "You worthless-"

Blevins wand jutted into Hermione's neck as she uttered out a painful cry, "Ah ah... who has your precious little pupil? Or should I say puppet?"

Snape stood emotionless as Hermione watched him drop his wand, "Give me Hermione... and I will do anything you want."

"No!" Hermione protested before feeling another sharp jab from the wand and she whimpered.

Ron huffed and came stomping forward, "Stupefy!"

The spell hit Hermione and her body jolted dangerously as she lingered on the realm of consciousness. Snape grabbed Ron's wand out of his hand and threw it to the ground haphazardly, "You foolish boy! Any spell you cast will instantly fall on her... he is using the reflecting charm you dense-"

"Enough! I want everyone to put their wands down..." Blevins called out furiously, "Now!"

There was a hesitant pause as all eyes were on Snape in question of what to do while his exterior remained solid and unmoving, "Drop them." He almost whispered as he never broke eye contact with the small man that held the young woman he was so desperately in love with.