Chapter One

Sparrow crouched on the roof looking over the city. It was just like any other night. Cars would go by, people walked, and nothing new happened. Same city with the same problems. Sparrow sighed as she watched several men in all black walked into a bank. She knew that she should do something but the truth was that she couldn't do anything. No matter how many times she had stopped crime the local police still sent out wanted reports for the masked vigilante 'The Black Sparrow'. The only problem that Sparrow had with this was that the most famous hero ever was her arch enemy.

"Please be busy for once in your life." The winged girl whispered to no one. She placed her black and red mask over her face then pulled her leather hood over her head. Her short hair blew a little in the wind. Sparrow looked over her costume to make sure that her identity was hidden. She wore a black, skin tight leather outfit with red designs of sparrows. The back of it was fully open to allow her wings and tail poke through. She adjusted her tail feathers a little. She should be able to get this over with quickly. Sparrow spread her wings as she forced two feathers to turn to metal.

"Finally," She said as she pulled the two feathers out. "I won't have to worry about Volt."

Sparrow stood and spread her black wings. The light of the street lamps reflecting off of her red tipped feathers. She jumped into the air and rocketed towards the ground. She opened her wings at the last moment causing her to land on one knee. Sparrow held a metal feather in each hand that was used as daggers.

"If you are trying to rob something you shouldn't dress like a robber." Sparrow said with a small smile. The men turned to look at her through the open door. Only five. She thought then realized something. They are armed. Well, so am I. She forced several more feathers to turn to metal. Sparrow knew that it would take a couple of days for the feathers to regrow but it was worth it.

There was a sudden crackle of ozone in the air, and before Sparrow could react black lightning arced through the air. In the span of a few seconds, all five robbers were unconscious on the ground, and a tall, lithe figure in a black suit with silver lightning bolts stood leaning in the doorway, his eyes flickering with black lightning as he smirked at Sparrow.

"Beat ya again, Feathers." Volt, the cities speedster hero, said with smug arrogance.

"I thought that you could use a break." Sparrow sneered. She folded her arms across her chest. Despite the fact that she knew she was screwed, she never showed any fear. "You know, from wearing those awful pajamas."

Volt's eyes narrowed dangerously, and one of the bank's lights flickered slightly, before returning to normal.

"Says the vigilante Black Sparrow." The speedster growled. "I'm the cities hero; everyone looks up to me. You're just a birdie with no nest to rest in."

"The city is big." Sparrow pointed out. "Why only have one hero taking all the fun?"

"This is my city feathers. Try to take that from me, and I'll put you where they want you." Volt sneered. "Behind bars."

"Then why haven't you done it already if you are such an amazing hero?" she teased as she walked to the center of the road. There was a sudden crackle of electricity, and a blast of lightning slammed into the ground right beside her. Whirling back around, Sparrow found Volt glaring at her, his right hand extended as electricity crackled between his fingers, one of the lights in the bank now dark.

"Let's just say it just crossed my mind, since taking you down before would have been a waste of my time." He said, his voice dangerously low. "Now however, I can see how much good it'd do."

"And what good would it do?" Sparrow laughed as she tore the longest metal feathers from her wings and held them as if they were swords. "I'm no villain to the world. Only one among heroes."