‘I would like that but your mum, and where would I sleep!’ She answered, ‘With me, your 18 when we go to Antigua, it’ll be fine’ I soothed. I played with her dirty blonde locks for a while and she was asleep in less than ten minutes. I guess it was time for me to sleep too , I thought, I have semi-finals in the morning.

Next morning.

I woke up with my arms still around Tatty and her head still snuggled into my chest. I gently moved her head on to the pillow and found the Team GB teddy bear for her arms to go round but when I got back to the room she was awake. ‘You thought I was going to stay here?’ She asked, ‘Yeh, pretty much!’ I nodded. ‘That’s not happening!’ She said, her voice was much quieter than usual. She wasn’t bouncy or anything, just glum and boring. ‘Right come on then get changed!’ I said, ‘Okay can I wear one of your jackets please?’ She asked. ‘Sure!’ I said while picking one up and giving to her.

We grabbed food out the cupboards and left Jack sat in the front and we sat in the back, she cuddled into me but it soon had to finish, at the aquatics centre a bunch of press bombarded us, Tatty put her hood up and Jack came round and took her in, I zipped my jacket up and walked in they asked a bunch of questions. I didn’t answer any of course, I went in there gave Tatty a hug and Jack came with me so I could brief him on why she’s looking horrible.

Swiftly we walked through the corridors, I was telling him and he was in shock. ‘How could they do that?’ He said, but before I could say anything my coach came up to me, ‘Where have you been!’ He said, I looked at my watch; realising I was late, ‘Sorry?’ I questioned. ‘Don’t say sorry to me Tom, it’s your loss, now go train you have 30 minutes.

30 Minutes Later.

It was time, I looked up at the crowd as we walked out. I was stood forth in the line, I was forth in the sequence, I heard people shouting ‘Come ‘on Tom!’ and my mum, Tatty, My brothers and Jack were all shouting. The divers went took their tracksuits on, I took mine off and went and talked to my coach Andy. I went to the showers to calm my nerves. The first person went, ‘I am 3 people to go’ I thought, I had butterflies and the cameras were following me, I didn’t really care about that but people could see my nerves.

After the next three people went by fast. It was my turn. The crowd roared as I walked up to the board. I stood backwards ready to do my dive, I had one last look at my family. My brothers had their arms around my mum and she had her hands to her mouth. I jumped and 1.6 seconds later I was in the water, the water sucked me in but I didn’t do well at all. I popped head up and the crowd were still cheering, I had a little cheeky smile and got out the water. I walked straight over to the showers to warm up and then to speak my coach Andy. He told me the same things he tells me all the time, I can’t complain though he’s the one who kind of got me here.

After about 15 – 2                0 minutes it was my turn again. As I walked up to the platform the crowd went mental! ‘I could get use to this!’ I thought. I got up there, adjusted my speedos and waved a little to the crowd. I got in to concentration I did it as I got out the crowd was mental and my scores were to.

Tatty’s P.O.V

Debbie, Will, Ben and I were all hugging fist pumping and everything me and Jack hugged and stuff. But then I saw Chris, Tonia and Sarah. I love Tonia and Sarah to bits, but Chris, I bet he knew. Tom looked up at me and gave me one of his cheeky smiles. Then he went on to hug Andy because the dive was so good. Tonia came over and gave me a hug and as did Sarah. Chris asked to talk to me, so we walked round the corner. ‘Tom told me, I can’t believe you! I hate you! I hate our family and I’m moving out! Chris! Why didn’t you tell me!’ I sobbed, ‘The only decent people in our family is Noah and my sister!’ I added. ‘Don’t be stupid! You can’t move out, that’s stupid and I didn’t tell you because you would act like this! Plus I don’t know who told Tom!’ He replied. I looked at him and walked away, Will saw me first, ‘What’s wrong Tatty??’ He asked. ‘Nothing don’t worry about it, just watch the diving’ I replied, ‘I’ll get it out of you or I’ll tell Tom?’ He answered. ‘It’s nothing!’ I sobbed. ‘Okay! But you’re going to tell me later!’ He said.

Tom’s P.O.V

I looked up to the Family, Chris, Tonia and Sarah had joined them. I looked at Tatty and she was just there staring at the water, She had tears down her cheek and I looked at Chris his eyes were red, it looked like he had been crying. The last 15 minutes flew by and It was my turn again, the same as before I wiped myself with the Chamois cloth and through it over the side. I wiped my face with my hands and adjusted the speedo. Walked to the edge of board and into the Arm stand position, I set off, when I reach the water I knew it was a good dive the water basically sucked me in.

I looked up to the crowd Tatty and My Family all clapping and hugging. She looked straight at me and I mouthed ‘Why are you crying??’, ‘Nothing, It doesn’t matter, that was amazing!’ She mouthed back. ‘Whatever Trevor!’ I mouthed and looked at my coach, he signalled me to come over. We had a chat and I sat down. After about 15-20 minutes I walked up the diving board tower.

I did the normal wipe myself with the chamois cloth and wait till the divers had, had their turn. After the few divers it was my go. I was in 8th place at the moment. I landed in the water and it felt like an alright dive, obviously not amazing, but it was okay. I got out and went straight to Andy ‘That was good!’ He said. I walked over to the showers had a think and then went in the hot tub.

I talked to some of the divers having general chitchat, most of them were older than me but it would be rude no to talk right?. Some of them had just come out the water and stuff. I even had a chat with one of my diving ‘Enemy’s’ Qiu Bo.  Before I knew it we were back to the start of round 5, I went to the showers to have a think.

I can do this! Make my family proud and everything!

I thought, the first diver had gone so I ran up the stairs, there was 3 more people to go before I went. I could feel the nerves again, my stomach flipping in circles. I walked up the stairs to the board and wiped myself with the chamie and fixed my speedo, again. I walked up took my position backwards and set off. I popped my head out the water and the crowd were on their feet. I went over to the shower before I talked to Andy. He said the same thing but gave me a tiny bit of advice.

I sat in the hot tub for the rest of the time. I looked up to Tatty and she was chatting with my brother. ‘I hope my mum doesn’t mind her staying with us!’ I thought, ‘I’ll talk to her after’ I thought. My mum seemed to like her quite a bit and so did my brothers, we went on a day out the other week and she was just messing about with them and helping my mum with everything.

It was nearly my last dive again. I went to the showers to think, ‘I can do this it’s my last dive and I have to do this!’ I thought. The next two people went pretty quick and I started making my way up I could hear some fans saying my name so I turned round and waved, they had a sign saying ‘Will you marry me!?’ I laughed and shook my head. ‘They giggled as I walked up to the top. Tatty looked at me and I pointed at the sign. She shook her head and laughed. Then she nodded and mouthed ‘Of course! Love you! Now go dive!’. I walked up the stairs and I had to wait one more person till it was me.

Finally I thought, my last dive. I walked up to the platform the crowd was roaring again Tatty had her hands on her face as did my mum. I swam straight to the edge and when I got out was allowed to go see my family. But first I went to Andy, ‘Thank You Andy now we have tonight right?’ I said. ‘Yeh, well done Tom!’ He said to me as I walked way.

A/N Im going away for 5 days so when I get back ill post more! Ill post as much as I can today!