Part 4 - Got it!

Tatty’s P.O.V

I got up there my first dive wasn’t very hard to be honest. It was a good dive I felt the water like sucking me in. So I knew it was good! I popped my head out the water and the crowd was cheering I got out the water waved, talked to Lindsey and then sat in the hot tub. My scores came up 7 and 8’s my landing wasn’t amazing to be honest.

Part 3

Jack’s P.O.V

Chris, Tom and I all knew we were late for her first jump but we jumped in a car and Tom took the good Luck monkey with him. It always brought us luck but he forgot to bring it yesterday, so I blame Tom for my bad dive. We got there just as she was walking up the ladders to get to the springboards. We cheered for her and it all went quite we shouted ‘GO TATTY!’ She looked straight at us and laughed then she got her concentration face on.

She is doing 2 twists and 2 flips in the pike position. I had seen her try it over and over and over again, so I know she can do it. She started to jump of the board, she did utter crap not her worst dive but it certainly wasn’t her best. Most of the rest of her dives were epic. This was her last dive she was the last diver to dive. Her last dive was 1 twist and four flips in reverse. Its going to be hard t do from a 3m springboard but im certain she can do it.

She came up the stairs; the medics were cheering: the crowd roared and so did the fat and fit security guards. She has the whole countries weight on her shoulders. She looked at Tom smirked and he gave her a cheeky little wink and you know what that means tonight. She started bouncing, she made the right height and within seconds, she made history! She Got it!

Chris’ P.O.V

The whole center was up on their feet for my little sister. I stood up and hugged my parents they had tears streaming down their faces. I turned to Tom and Him, Jack and I huddled and jumped shouting ‘She did it!’. ‘She made HISTORY!’ We shouted. The whole centre were up on their feet. Shouting screaming. My mum and dad were asked to make a statement thing.

They said:

‘We are so proud of both our son and our daughter

Both their first Olympic games our son came 9th

And our daughter has just won the first diving gold medal.

We are very, very proud parents!’

There were tears streaming down my face but the worst part was we couldn’t see her until after the medal ceremony which is 15 minutes away.

Tatty’s P.O.V

All the other divers were giving me hugs! Congratulating Andy, Lindsey and I! She was actually so proud she was crying. We had all won medals before but she was hysterical.

‘Well Done! You are absolutely amazing!

I love you! My first Olympic gold coaches medal

Thing! Well done!’

She said while giving me a kiss on the fod! The next thing I knew I was in the ready room in my winner’s tracksuit. Then I was ushered out the Canadians on my right side and the Chinese on my left. I was in the middle,  It finally hit me, I am an Olympic Champion. In two minutes time I will have a gold medal round my neck singing my national anthem.

The said my name ‘Tatty Mears Of Great Britain for Gold’ The whole crowed went mental, I could see Tom, Chris, Jake and my family all stood there tears in their eyes. Then the national anthem came on I cried and I sung. It was the best feeling ever! We had pictures taken on the podium I did the whole ‘I’m checking for chocolate pose’. We walked round took pictures I had the flag over my back. It was an amazing feeling.

Knowing that was my first event in the London 2012 Olympics and I won Gold was the best feeling I had just won a gold medal. After doing the rounds of the pool so the press could get photos I went back to my ready room. Everyone walking past me giving me hugs and kissing my forehead and cheeks the other divers congratulating me and everything. I walked into my ready room everyone was there My family, Chris, Jack, Stacie, Monique ,Hannah , Tonia, Sarah, Lindsey and Most importantly Tom. Everyone surrounded me and I could see Tom looking over to Lindsey talking to her. I was just about to go over to hug him and I got pulled away.

‘We need you to come quick, a press conference is being held for you and Chris and some others but not Tom, Pete, Nick, Tonia or Sarah’ A Olympic official came up to me and said. ‘Uh Okay!’ I said Chris came out the room and we swiftly walked down the hall had make up done, which always made me giggle when Chris has it on. ‘What you giggling at??’ He shot a stern look at me, ‘You! Your wearing make up!’ I laughed ‘Shut up you!’ He said as he got up and chased me round the hall.

‘Sorry to disturb you too but we need to go in the conference room now’ A women said in those awful purple outfits. ‘Oh okay!’ Chris responded while dropping me because I was in his arms.’ Ouch my bum, Christopher!’ I giggled. ‘Oh ill get you back later!’ He said. We walked in to the conference room and the cameras were flashing me, Chris, The Chinese diving team and The USA diving team all had pictures taken. It was like my 5th press conference in two weeks because I’m the youngest on the diving team by a week, they like interviewing me and Jack because we are the youngest two. But me and Chris because we are brother and sister.

Chris’ P.O.V

The press mainly aimed their questions at me and Tatty and then would throw a few to the other countries. Our questions were the same as always accept for the one on yesterday and today. ‘So how are you feeling about your gold medal??’ One asked her ‘Oh well it’s a bit heavy and stuff but I’m really happy I have it!’ She said, I butted in ‘I’m very proud of her to be honest!’ I added. ‘It’s so proud of Chris because of what happened and he has recovered so well!’ She said. ‘And I’m so happy we can share this moment together as brother and sister!’ I turned and gave her a hug.

‘So Chris are you single or do you still have that girlfriend??’ Someone asked, Tatty giggled she never gets asked questions about relationships but if the ask she will tell them I think. ‘No actually we have decided to take a break from each other!’ I answered. Then a women piped up ‘Who would want a break from you??’ Tatty started weeing herself.

Tatty’s P.O.V

That made me giggle! Who would think my brother is fit! Like eww! But then the questions pointed to me. ‘So Tatty Do You Have Anyone Special??’ The same girl asked. ‘Well, Urm’ I could feel my face go red and I grabbed Chris’ hand. ‘Tell them ‘he whispered ‘Tom won’t care!’ He added. ‘Yes, I do!’ I said in a positive manner. At the same time all the press were going ‘who??’ or ‘Do we know him??’. ‘Yes you do know him but she isn’t telling you, Now good bye!’ Chris answered for me. By the time we had finished there it was about 3 o’clock. Today has gone so fast and this medal hurts.