"Okay, I'll stay but please don't leave me alone. I rather not have a next billionaire boy flaunt his wealth at me."

  He laughed, "I promise I won't leave you alone, you'll be by my side until the night ends."

  "Sounds good to me."

  He grinned and started to pull me across the room with him. "Can you tell me a little more about this event."

  He stopped walking and smile, his brown eyes shining. "When I was around fifteen, I met a boy who was around eight or nine. He was stealing a woman's purse and before he could get away I stopped him. I asked him why he was stealing, and he told me he was an orphan and he didn't have anything to eat. I was touched so I brought him home with me, gave him clothes and food and my parents worked something out. When I was old enough to have my business, I decide I wanted to help persons like him and so I came up with the Carter's Foundation for Lost Boys. We have this ball annually to raise money for homeless and orphan boys all around America."

  "That's so sweet. I can just imagine how many lives you've saved." I paused when a thought came to my mind, "But why only boys?"

  He smiled, "I get that often. It's not that I'm sexist or anything but boys are the ones who take up the guns, they here the ones that need the motivation."

  "That sounded sexist. Girls need motivation too."

 I need motivation.

 He nodded, agreeing. "True but there are many foundations for girls and not enough for boys."

 I gave up with a smile, "Okay, that's true."

  Every little thing that this man did was for someone else's benefit. When my sister left Henrique at his office he could have easily brought to a police station and that would have been off his hands but no, he took the baby in and cared for him. Now he's helping thousands of youngsters in America. He's really a blessing.

  "I admire you." I blurted out without thinking. I looked over at me and smile. "What I mean is I admire you for what you're doing here with the boys. It's great. It shows what kind of person you are."

  He smirked, "And what kind of persons am I exactly?"

  I laughed and shrugged, "You know..."

  He shook his head, "No, I don't. I need you to tell me."

 I played with my dress then looked in his eyes, "caring, sweet and loving."

 He laughed, "Thanks. You're not so bad yourself."

 I shrugged. "Nah, there is nothing special about me."

  Since his hand was already holding mine, it was so easily for him to pull me close.

  He shook his head, "Don't say that."

  "But it's true." I wasn't special. My ex-fiancé slept with my sister while I would have given him by virginity freely. Obviously, my body wasn't special or else he would have chosen me.

  "No, it's not."

   I shook my head. I wanted to cry. I'm not special and here is this lovely man telling me I am.

  "You are special, you might not see it, but I do." He took both my other hand in his and now we were standing in front of each other. Even in heels he was still towering me. "You're very special. Not many women would be doing what you are doing?"

  What am I doing? I asked myself.

  Falling for Alexander Carter, that's what you're doing.