I reached the hospital, and ran while carrying Adelaide, she is gonna pull through Chace, you got that?! I gave her to the doctors while they rush to send her to the operating theatre. She is gonna be alright Chace. You have to pull yourself together. I never felt so much for a girl before, well before I met Adelaide, she reminded me so much of my sister. Which I didnt mention to Ade about, she was fine with it, cause she knows that it wasnt the right time for me to say. I appreciate how she understands, unlike other girls who will just cause up a havoc just because I didn't tell them, just because we are in a relationship, doesn't mean we go around telling our girlfriends/boyfriends about our deepest secret, in fact Adelaide was okay with it, all of us have our deepest secrets, that we can't even tell our parents or our best friends, just to ourselves. I decided to call Vanessa.

"Hello?" Vanessa chirped.

"Hey Vanessa, could you come to the hospital right now at 16th Street?" I asked, and I replayed what happened to Ade.

"I'm on my way" Thats all she said as she hunged up, I knew she was resisting tears, she loved Adelaide dearly like she was her own biological daughter. I put my face into my hands, I tried assuring myself that Adelaide was fine. I don't want her to go, she's the best thing that ever been mine apart from my sister, well passed-on sister. Soon Vanessa arrived and started to bombard me with questions, I tried calming her down but soon she was filled with tears. " I don't want her to go Chace!" She sobbed, "I dont want too" I said gently. "She's gonna be fine okay Vanessa? She is gonna be fine!" I assured her. She fell asleep on the chair, I went to the vending machine and bought some coffee, it was already night, 7 hours has passed and still no doctor, yes it took me awhile to stop Vanessa from crying. When I was about to fall asleep, the doctor finally came out of the theatre, I ran up to him and asked, "How is she?" He gave me a smile which I hope it was good news, "She managed to survive that gunshot, she needs to stay here for awhile" I sighed in relief. I woke Vanessa up and we went to the hospital room that Ade was in, she was sleeping soundly. I was glad that she made it, but guilty that we left Stephanie there...

ADELAIDE'S POV.

That gunshot hit me, reality hit me. It was not as pain as being stabbed but it was something that is painful, I heard another gunshot, before blacking out. When I woke up, I was on the floor, it was white, in fact the whole place was white.

I was greeted by 2 people I didnt meet since I was 13. My parents, tears started rolling down my face. I ran towards them and hugged them tightly, " Mom! Dad! I miss you so much" I cried. They both hugged me back, " I missed you too sweetie pie!" Dad said. They dont look different, they looked exactly how they died, but without the blood of course. Thats when Mom got serious, "Darling, we would love to spend time with you but you have to get back on Earth, they need you, Vanessa need you, Chace needs you" She said seriously. " But how do you know that I was with Chace?" I asked. They laughed, "We were always watching over you dear, good choice!" Dad winked. "Okay enough of that Andrew, Adelaide has to go back now, darling, we will always love you!" Mom said. It was last words before they fade away waving. I was running after them, hoping that I can talk to them. But then I was taken back to reality. 

I woke up in pain, urgh! I felt bandages bandaged around my stomach, I must have been shot in the stomach. Really it hurts. I winced. 

"ADELAIDE! YOU'RE AWAKE, I WAS SO WORRIED!" Chace cried. I chuckled, "How long was I out?" I asked. "2 DAYS ADELAIDE, 2 FUCKING DAYS!" He said. "Language!" Vanessa chuckled. Vanessa went out to get the doctor. I asked Chace, "What happened to Bethany and Stephanie?" He was uncomfortable about that part, "They died" He replied. Okay I understand Bethany died but STEPHANIE?! "Stephanie?" I stared at him. He nodded and said "She kinda sacrificed her life for us" And he replayed everything to me. Really.. Stephanie really did this for us. I was grateful.

I said inside my heart, I knew Mom and Dad is looking down at me, and Stephanie too. 

Stephanie, thank you.

I'M SORRY! I love this chapter, its so emotional.. i love it. Hope you guys like it xxx

Cherriline x