Chapter 1: First Day of School

Start from the beginning

"Hi. I don't know if anyone told you about me yet. I'm a new student. My name is Lance McClain."

The lady...Well...Mature girl...finally turned around, frowning down at Lance in disgust.

"Who cares?" She said as she walked away, leaving Lance feeling awkward as he just stood there in embarrassment. In front of him, two students, a girl and a boy, laughed in amusement. Lance decided it was time to take a seat and decided to take the nearest one since it seemed open.

"You don't want to sit there," said the girl who was laughing at his awkwardness just before. "Zethrid sits there to be with her girlfriend."

The same girl who embarrassed Lance just a moment ago took the seat next to her "girlfriend". The two began to make out hard, disregarding others, especially Lance himself. He quickly tried to get another open seat, but the same girl stop him again.

"Don't sit there. He farts a lot," she added. The guy behind the seat Lance got ahold of shrugged, almost in agreement to the words.

"Thanks," Lance mumbled softly as he took the last seat open next to the girl instead.

"Did you go to St. Ann's last year?" The boy in front of the girl asked as Lance shook his head. "Because you looked like you were in the Grease play."

"Wasn't me," Lance responded as the boy sighed a relief.

"Thank god. They all had pitch problems," He said as he chuckled to himself.

"I'm Pidge. This is Hunk. He's almost too gay to function," the girl finally spoke again as Hunk gave a small bow. Lance took note of both of their appearances. Pidge had short brow hair with large glasses and small little freckles on her cheeks. Hunk was a bit more dark skinned than Lance and had short black hair.

"Nice to meet you both," Lance said with a small smile.

The principal came through the doorway, asking a few of the students coming in where the teacher was.

"Where's your teacher?" He asked as another adult stumbled inside with a box of donuts.

"I know, I'm late, Mr. Shirogane. I brought doughnuts," The teacher said as he placed the box down onto his desk. "Good morning."

"Morning...All right. I just wanted to let everyone know that we have a new junior student with us. He just moved here from Cuba," Mr. Shirogane started as the teacher turned to a very looking Hispanic boy.

"Don't look at me. I'm from California," he said as the teacher looked away in embarrassment.

"...Let's help him adjust to academic life here in Evanston. Lance McClain. Where are you?" Mr. Shirogane asked as Lance stood up.

"That's me," Lance answered as the principal gave him a welcoming smile.

"Well, welcome, Lance and thank you, Mr. Shirogane," the teacher said as he turned to him.

"You have to try and be on time next year, okay, Adam?" Mr. Shirogane softly said as Adam sighed. The principal walked out of the room as Adam introduced himself to the class.

*********

"Where are you going now?" Pidge asked as Lance looked at his schedule.

"Health. Room B14," Lance replied. Pidge looked at Hunk who nodded in approval.

"I think that's in the back building," She said.

"Yeah, totally in the back building," Hunk said in agreement. "We'll take you there."

The three of them marched through the crowded halls. Hunk was making a path for Lance and Pidge to walk comfortably in as they all laughed in amusement. Finally, they crossed the football field and Lance seemed confused. Where was the building? Pidge and Hunk slumped to the ground, sitting down on the grass as Lance stayed up.