Chapter Eight

from extreme demand this book is making its way back to being a priority for me.

I have changed phenomenally since I last wrote this so my chapters may be longer with better punctuation and all that Jazz.

However I will not be re-writing the first seven chapters because they amuse me, it shows really how much I have changed.

Anyway, let's begin.

• • •

WHEN I GRABBED Jake's hand, he pulled me up and by the look on his face I knew it was no joking matter. Glancing to look at Shania, I noticed her eyes from knowing Ricky was back in our town made her uncomfortable, just as it did the rest of the dance crew.

I huffed when I peered back at Jake and he was still standing there with a look that says 'you can run but you can't escape, we live together'. Asshole.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the couches in a separate room, where we usually had the crew meetings in.

When I went to shut the door Shania was looking over to me and mouthed 'good luck' and a nodded a thanks to her before completely shutting the door and turning to my confused but waiting roommate.

I took in a deep breath, "Where do I even begin?" I asked, mostly myself, twiddling with my fingers in my lap.

Jake chuckled, "The start would be nice, so I know the whole story and can understand why both you and Shania are terrified of the guy."

"That's fair," I began, before started telling the crews story, "So three years ago is when the crew was created. The OG's are Shania and I. We made the crew for people who loved to dance that felt too uncomfortable to do it. When our crew started building up our recruits list got so long that we ended up having to say no to a hell-of-a-lot of people unfortunately. Ricky wasn't one, he got in as our last and at first was perfect," I said taking another deep breath before I felt my eyes watering.

"When we had Ricky in our crew for around two months I had realised that I really fucking liked him. He was sweet, funny, charming. He ticked all the boxes." I paused to look at Jake and he was watching me and listening intently.

"Turns our He was also a compulsive liar. We started 'dating' when really he was using me to teach him the new and old dances and he was running back and forth between our dance crew and our rival dance crew telling them dances that we were entering in competitions. Not only that, but he was dating the crew leader from that crew too. Natalie Spinks. God I hated that girl." I felt Jakes hand rest on my leg when I started trembling.

"Anyway, one night the crew was having a party and Shania, Ricky and I somehow ended up being the only two wide awake. Ricky ended up forcing himself onto me, making Shania watch him as he raped me—"

Jake's facade changed completely as he scooped me up into his arms and held onto me tightly, "You don't have to tell me anymore Melissa. It's okay." He shushed me and I shook my head at him and continued.

"When he went to do the same thing to Shania his crew rocked up and threw shade at us and his girlfriend tried to beat me, a just raped girl. We found out that he drugged the crew, we used to be such a large crew but since that happened no one has wanted to join and we lost two thirds of the crew we had. Ever since that day, Ricky hasn't stepped foot near me. But you're here now, so watch as he tries to stake claim as if I'm some sort of property." I said, wiping my tears before staring at him, "you must think I'm pathetic."

He shook his head, "Quite the opposite Mel," he said, pulling himself and I off the couch, "Get Shania and I'll take you two to Baskin Robbins ice-creamery, my shout."

My eyes suddenly widened before, opening the door and poking my head out of it to look at Shania, "Belly-button, get your comfy pants on because we about to shove our faces with bubble-gum ice-cream, bitch."

• • •

As we walked into the apartment I turned to look at Jake who had already started walking to his bedroom, "Thanks for tonight Jake, I really appreciate it."

He turned to me with a slightly blank look on his face and nodded at me, "Don't mention it. Seriously."

He turned from me again and walked into his room without one more word and I felt myself feel suddenly uneasy about his sudden need to be closed-up.

Letting out an anxious breath I walked into the bathroom and stripped out of my dance clothes and turned the shower on to a scorching hot temperature and threw myself under the water.

I glanced down the the few cuts that graced my arm from that day and I felt the itchiness rear its ugly head. Don't look at it Mel, it makes it worse.

I put my arm down and started to scrub myself clean of todays antics. Wanting the reek of Ricky George out of my skin for good. I started to think of how close I had gotten to the boy that is my roommate. That boy that enjoys spending his time with a different girl every night.

I hadn't been here for long at all and I feel like Jake had become and extremely close friend of mine. Not anywhere near as close as a friend as Shania, but still a close friend, and for that I'm thankful.

I heard my phone beep and I jumped out of the shower, wrapping my towel around my body and glanced down at the phone that shone brightly on the basin and picking it up to unlock and view the message before feeling like the whole world had collapsed on my lungs.

It was good seeing you babe,
-Ricky

"Please, no." I murmured whilst I dropped my phone onto the tiles with a loud thud.

• • •
This was weird, that's all I have to say.