The Day Will Come When You Won't Be Season 7

Start from the beginning

"Just stop this!"

"Hey! Do not make me kill the little future serial killer. Don't make it easy on me. I gotta pick somebody. Everybody's at the table waiting for me to order." He started whistling, like they did in the woods, swinging his bat. "I simply cannot decide." He turned around and chuckled, then put his arms out. "I got an idea." He chuckled and walked up to Rick, pointing his bat at him.

"Eenie..." Oh my God. "meenie...miney...mo. Catch...a tiger...by...his toe." I looked down when he pointed it at me. "If...he hollers...let him go. My mother...told me...to pick...the very best one...and you...are...it." He pointed at Abraham. I could hear my heart pounding, my throat closing. Tears fell down my cheeks. Sasha's hand tightened around mine. "Anybody moves, anybody says anything, cut the boys other eye out and feed it to his father. And then we'll start. You can breathe, you can blink, you can cry. Hell, you're all gonna be doing that."

Negan lifted the bat above his head and brought it down on Abraham's head and I gasped for air, watching as he fell, then got back up on his knees. Sasha's hand tightened around mine even more, her nails digging into my skin. I didn't care. "Oh, look at that! Taking it like a champ!"Abraham had blood covering his face, a gaping hole on top of his head.

"Suck...my...nuts..." He hit him again and I sobbed, watching Negan beat Abraham's head in. His blood spread and soaked into the gravel beneath his body. Negan laughed, blood dripping off his stupid bat. "Did you hear that? He said, 'suck my nuts'!" He kept hitting him and I could feel Sasha flinching every time a blow landed. If I wasn't watching this with my own two eyes, I wouldn't believe it was real. Abraham was lifeless on the ground, but he kept going. There was a constant stream of tears gliding down my cheeks.

When he finally stopped, he laughed. "Oh my goodness. Look at this!" He swung his bat, blood splattering. "You guys, look at my dirty girl!" I couldn't look at his body. "Sweetheart, lay your eyes on this." Negan held the bat in front of Rosita's face. "Oh, damn. Were you...were you together? But if you were, you should know, there was a reason for all this. Red-and hell he was, is and will ever be red! He just took one or six or seven for the team! So take a damn look." She didn't look. "Take a damn look!"

Daryl jumped up suddenly, punching Negan in the face. "Daryl, no!" I yelled as two men grabbed him and held him on the ground.

Negan picked his bat up, pointing it at me. "No! Oh, no." I stared at Daryl, lip quivering, eyes wet and red and swollen. "That, oh, oh, oh, that is a no-no!" Don't kill him, don't kill him, don't kill him. "The whole thing-not one bit of that shit flies here."

Dwight ran up to Daryl, aiming Daryl's crossbow right at his head. "Do you want me to do it? Right here."

Negan grabbed Daryl's hair and pulled. My hand slipped from Sasha's and I fell to my hands, sobbing. "No. No, you don't kill them...not until you try a little."

I sighed in relief when Dwight lowered the crossbow and they dragged him back to his spot. "And anyway..." Negan started, standing up. "That's not how it works. Now, I already told you people-first one's free, then what'd I say? I said I would shut that shit down!" He smiled. "No exceptions. Now I don't know what kind of lying assholes you've been dealing with...but I'm a man of my word. First impressions are important. I need you to know me. So...back to it."

I couldn't help the loud sob that ripped from my throat when he brought his bat down on Glenn's head. "No!"

Glenn got back up on his knees and my mouth fell open in horror. His head had a huge, jagged gash, showing his skull, blood flowing down his face, eye popped out of its socket. He was groaning in pain, shaking. Negan leaned down. "Buddy, you still there? I just don't know. It seems like you're trying to speak, but you just took a hell of a hit. I just popped your skull so hard, your eyeball just popped out, and it is gross as shit!"

"Maggie. I-I'll find you." Glenn is the last person that deserved that. To sit here, dying in front of Maggie in the worst way possible, choking on his blood. His head was just...God, I could barely look at him. And Negan just watched, and taunted us, and laughed.

"Oh, hell. I can see this is hard on you guys. I am sorry. I truly am. But I did say it. No exceptions!"

He turned and swung his bat into Glenn's face, knocking him down. He beat his head in and I flinched with every blow. "You bunch of pussies." Blood flew everywhere. I flinched when it splatter on my face. "I'm just getting started." Stop, stop, please for the love of God, stop. Glenn's body was twitching. Negan swung his bat around, part of Glenn's scalp hanging off. "Lucille is thirsty. She is a vampire bat!"

He walked back up to Rick. "What? Was the joke that bad?"

"I'm gonna kill you." Ricks voice was barely a whisper.

Negan crouched in front of him. "What? I didn't quite catch that. You're gonna have to speak up."

Rick looked him in the eye. "Not today...not tomorrow...but I'm gonna kill you."

Negan stared at Rick. "Jesus. Simon...what did he have, a knife?"

"He had a hatchet."

He looked at Simon. "A hatchet?"

"He had an ax."

Negan chuckled again. "Simon's my right hand man. Having one of those is important. I mean, what do you have left without them? A whole lot of work. Do you have one? Maybe one of these fine people still breathing? Oh, or did I..." He clicked his tongue, waving the bat in Ricks face. He sighed. "Sure. Yeah. Give me his ax." Simon walked over, handing Negan the ax.

He stared at Rick for a few moments longer and then stood up, putting his ax in his belt and grabbing Rick by the collar of his jacket. "I'll be right back. Maybe Rick will be with me. And if not, well, we can just turn these people inside out, won't we? I mean...the ones that are left." Negan threw Rick into the RV and slammed the door, leaving us with our friends mangled bodies.