11-Season 2

We were nearly out of gas when we went to the CDC. A while after we left, we stopped on the highway, dumping some cars, including Daryl's truck. I rest my head on Daryl's back, closing my eyes and listening to the roar of the engine of the motorcycle. It was kind of soothing. Until we slowed down. I lifted my head and opened my eyes, seeing a large build up of cars. "Shit." Daryl muttered, turning around.

"See a way through?" Dale called. Daryl nodded, telling him to follow and turned back around, leading the R.V. through the wreckage.

I buried my face in Daryl's jacket, having seen an empty baby carriage laying in the middle of the road. I heard a squealing sound behind me and turned around to see the R.V. spitting out smoke.

I tapped Daryl's shoulder. "Problem with the R.V." I said in his ear. He nodded and stopped, letting me get off before he did.

Everyone got out of their cars, standing by the R.V. "I said it. I said it, didn't I? Dead in the water." Dale shook his head.

"Problem, Dale?" Shane asked.

"It's just the mater of being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no hope of- okay that was dumb." Dale said, looking around at all the cars.

Daryl opened the trunk of a car. "If you can't find a radiator hose here...there's a whole bunch of stuff we can find." He said.

T-dog walked by with a gas canister. "I can siphon more fuel from these cars for a start."
"Maybe some water."
"Or food."

Lori shook her head. "This is a graveyard." She said. "I don't know how I feel about this." She looked around for someone to back her up. No one did.

"Come on, y'all. Just look around." T-dog said, going to siphon gas from a car.

I shrugged and was about to walk away. "Charlie, come here. I gotta talk to you." I turned to see Daryl standing by T-dog as he siphoned gas.

I walked over, leaning against a car. "About what?" I asked.

He sighed. "About what you said at the CDC."

I swallowed, looking down. "I don't know what you mean."

He scoffed. "Yes you do. You said that you had a son. When were you planning on telling me?" He asked.

"Never. I didn't feel like it was important." I shrugged.

He scoffed again. "Well, it was. If you have a son, then where's his dad?"

I sighed, wondering if I should tell him or not. "Zach was an asshole. He was always drunk or high, yelling about something I screwed up or something...Luke supposedly did. I always took the blame, got the worst of it."

Daryl sighed. "He beat you...and you didn't bother telling me?"

I rolled my eyes. "I had no God damn idea where you were! If you were still in our home town! If you were even in Georgia! Yes, Daryl! Zach hit me. It's over. He's probably dead anyways." I walked away and climbed on top of the RV with Dale, dangling my feet off the edge.

"How do you deal with him?" Dale asked.

I shrugged. "I've known him since I was six. You pick up a few things." Dale chuckled, but that soon faded as he looked down the highway with the binoculars. After a little bit, he laid flat on his stomach, pulling me down too.

"Walkers." He whispered. My eyes widened and I lied flat on my stomach as well, hearing the approaching snarls. It felt like forever. I held tightly to Dale's hand, praying that it would end soon. I heard a faint scream come from the RV. 'Andrea.' I mouthed to Dale. He nodded and scooted to the sun roof, looking in for a minute. He pulled a screwdriver out of his pocket and dropped it to her, scooting back next to me.