|30| Prideful Poodles & Prejudiced Toads

Start from the beginning

"And your parents thought my house was proper society?" Adelaide snorted.

Dollie was offended by this, but was not to be deterred by the barbaric daughter of pureblood royalty. "My father believes so, yes." She said in an overtly dignified manner with her nose in the air. "What are you reading?" She asked.

"A book." Adelaide deadpanned. Why wouldn't this little toad just leave?

"I can see that. What type of book?" She asked too sweetly.

Adelaide rolled her eyes. "It's an advanced charm book, I'm brushing up on silencing spells." She said eyeing the girl with a sinister smirk. "Would you like me to demonstrate?" She asked in a mockingly sweet voice.

Dollies eyes grew wide. "I don't think that's necessary.."

"There you are Addy! We thought you ran off again!" Sirius called out from the entrance of the Hall making his way over to his best friend. He eyed Dollie with contempt. "Oi, why is there a toad on the table?" He asked Adelaide whose smirk widened.

"Well. It was lovely chatting with you. See you around." Dollie said hastily as she clumsily got up to leave and went back to the Slytherin table.

"Do you know any cleaning spells? I don't want her slime to get on me." Sirius said with a disgusted look. Dollie happened to be sitting in his usual seat. Adelaide pulled out her wand and scrubbed the seat and table clean with a mischievous smirk. "Thank you!" Sirius said relieved. "So, Ads. I have several questions, but I would like to start with why Toad-face was sitting in my seat." He said, grabbing some muffins and sausage.

Adelaide sighed, then relayed the whole stupid conversation to him.

"Heh heh. You should still try to silence her." He said smirking wide. "Can't believe you have to hang out with her over the summer though..."

"I can see in your eyes that you are plotting to kidnap me. Please stop. It's too early. Maybe at lunch or something."

Sirius chuckled. "So, next question. Why did you run away last night? Even Peter was worried. Well... more worried than usual."

Adelaide had been expecting this question. Part of the reason she hardly slept the night before, was to formulate the best possible answer. She put on her face of indifference, then told him her rehearsed response. "She thought I fancied Evan, I got mad at her because I was hangry, and ran away. I over reacted, but it's fine now." She said. "Also I fixed all the furniture in the secret room." She added off handedly.

"Oh! Well that makes sense I suppose.." he knew that she wasn't lying... but she wasn't exactly telling the truth either. "So, do we really still have to go to the game with Rosier and Reg?"

"Yes! I invited them! It would be rude to say they can't go with us now!"

"Well I was just thinking that maybe we ditch the game today.." he said. Adelaide looked shocked and offended. "I thought it might be good to get things ready for tomorrow... you know when we start the thing, and to visit Moony. He thew up this morning because of the you know what tomorrow and James sent him to the hospital wing."

Adelaide's eyes softened. "Well maybe we can leave early... it might be good to give Evan some time to actually talk to Mary anyway." She chuckled, remembering how he could hardly get a word out in front of her.