Chapter 2

The cock crowed loudly, soon after other followed suit.

Even Mayanta would have been awoken.

I quickly set to work, tying my orange printed wrapper below my shoulders and just above my bare breasts. Years of tying it made it efficient enough to walk in, and the knot loose enough.

Outside, the sky was just rising. I joined the other maidens outside, taking my biata kima along with me.
Bucket.

"Bona." I jumped in fright, turning around to see an excited Harama. Her short dark hair tied in a loose bun on her head.
Boo.

"Harama frok. Hu wau ke z fregu." I said, holding my chest to control my breathing.
Harama stop. You gave me  a fright.

She laughed richly. I admired her laughter, just as contagious as the illness, Gata. Coming in light chuckle, not so masculine, and not to be labelled overly feminine.
Flipox.

Harama is the only other lady I truly liked. She talked about boys of course, but to a reasonable extent. However, her laughter and beauty drew me deeply to her, I envied her beauty whenever we were together. She was labeled the beauty of our tribe.

Harama does mean; beauty of our eyes. It is better than my name.
Inaraya, which means; father's beloved.

Harama is someone you would call dralaka.
Perfect.

She had full and thick hair, that blended well in the dark; silky and soft, like the wool of the yiku. Her hair was cut short because of the coming of age ceremony, before it was well over her shoulders.
Sheep.

Her eyes were like the sunset, a mixture of brown and some what orange; a captivating blend. A smile from Harama would make any man bow to her feet in a heartbeat. Her body was sculpted to perfection.

Her brown skin had been touched by the river. I noticed the way it glowed in the rising of the day, fresh from a bath.

"Inaraya."  A snapping of fingers returned me from my thoughts. I looked at Harama as she smiled, immediately brightening her face. 

"What are you thinking of Inaraya? It is Mayanta, isn't it." I blushed deeply, looking at the floor to hide my burning cheeks.

"Of course not. He's married already--"

"Inara."  I raised my head from my feet, looking at Mayanta who approached us.

He had had a bath already but he's not meant to be outside, not so soon. A part of me hoped he was here because of me, even though he was meant to be home with his new bride.

"Jolila."  He greeted, flashing a smile towards me. He was oblivious to Harama's  presence.
Goodmorning.

"Jolila Mayanta." Harama replied, even though she knew he was talking to me. His eyes trained on me.

"Harama, would you excuse us?" I pleaded looking at her, giving her my best kinma eyes.
Puppy.

She murmured loudly before leaving silently, taking my bira kima along with her. Her green printed wrapper stood out among the other maidens she ran to catch up with. I looked at Mayanta, daring him with my eyes.

"What do you want? It's against our discipline for you to be outside talking to a woman, who isn't her. Aren't you meant to be with her?" I asked, ensuring there was a distance between us.

"She's not as sweet as I thought." He whispered to me. "Cujao ni z lale."
She's not a virgin.

It is against the Tribe's customs not to. I remained quiet as he looked at me, pleading me with his eyes.

"I'm sorry Inara. I should have never married her that night, it made me realise; o gumiki hu."
I love you.

¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢
Hey, I updated another chapter.
It's not long though.
-644- words.
If you liked it, you can tell me in your comments, or click the star. Share with your friends too.
Bye