Tell Her a Story

Dinner went by quietly with nothing out of ordinary happening, although it was difficult to ignore the peculiar vibes you were getting from Sebastian and Claude. They were not flamboyant big gestures but, the others seemed to have noticed them. It was small things, here and there cute little actions, longing glances and small smiles. To you, you thought maybe you hit a breakthrough with two seemingly impossible to talk to people and after the time you spent together they began warming up to you. That much was true Claude and Sebastian upon realizing the true about your origins had indeed began to grow very fond of you. To the others, however, it seemed strange that they were acting as such, unnatural in a way, this left them guessing for the possible cause for the butlers bizarre behavior. Meanwhile as always you had your head in the clouds, oblivious to the yearning some felt for you.
After dinner you yawned as you stretched and patted your stomach.
"Thank you Sebastian and Claude. This was delicious." You said contentedly slumping in your chair once again,
"Of course it was, you made it." Sebastian said with a small smile while gathering the plates.
"You made this meal?" Ciel asked, intertwining his fingers in front of him on the table as he cocked an eyebrow.
"Not really, I helped a bit." You said
"You are much too modest (Y/n). She was not only crucial in the physical preparation of the meal but the entire recipe was all her idea," Sebastian, who just so happened to walk back into the room, clarified.
"Well, I must say, you are indeed a talented cook, nothing like my cook back home. That bozo always burns everything!" Ciel said, ranting a bit at the end and you saw Sebastian smirk slightly.
You suddenly grew curious, you never had asked what their life back where they came from was like. You knew the general gist of things; they were from England and lived sometime during the 1800s and they were of noble status. That was all good and fine but you wanted to know more, who were their friends, where did they go and where did they live? Who did they hate and love? What was their family like? How often do you get to talk about the last with a person who has lived it?
"(Y/n)! (Y/n)!" You heard Ciels demanding voice,
"Yeah?" You replied as you snapped out of your trancelike state,
"Are you alright?"
"Yeah, I'm fine just thinking."
There was a silence between the two of you. It was then you noticed that you and Ciel were alone. Sebastian had gone somewhere and although you vaguely heard Undertakers distinct laughter from your living room, nobody was around.
"Ciel, what was your life like?"
"Whatever do you mean?
"I mean what was it like where you came from, what was your home like, your friends and your other servants and so on, what was your life like?" You clarified.
Ciel POV
I could hear my heartbeat in my ears, pumping blood into my brain. Nobody has ever made me this nervous just by asking a simple question before, this was absolutely bizarre. But, how much should I tell her and what? What will she think if I tell her the sort of work I do, will she be disappointed, or frightened, or begin to feel an aversion for me? And if I tell her I have a fiancée; that I am due to be wed soon to a woman who I feel no particular desire for? Would she be happy for me, or saddened? Everything raced through my head as I began talking, I decided to avoid the taboo topics with her, at least for now.
"I was born into a noble family, and when I was thirteen I took over the family business."
I avoided the truth, she didn't need to know the dark parts of my life.
"You ran the family business when you were only thirteen? That's amazing! What kind of business was it?"
She said excitedly as she leaned in closer to listen the story. I must admit I like having her pay attention to me and only me.
"Yes, I ran the famous Funtom Cooperation, the top tier international toy makers! I own a townhouse in London but I only go up there during the winter, and even then rarely, it's much too loud and crowded in London for my liking. Most of the time I live in my estate in the country."
I finish as I hear her chair move even closer to me and I have to contain my blush. She was getting much too close.
"And what about the servants, I know you have Sebastian serving you, but is there anyone else?"
She asked, leaning her head on her elbow.
"Yes, apart from Sebastian I have four other servants: Tanaka, Meyrin, Bardroy and Finnian. Although Sebastian is by far the most qualified out of the bunch. Meyrin is the maid, but she is clumsy as one can be, dropping a tea set while running in the hallways or waxing the stairway with shoe polish. Bardroy is the cook, but as I said before he has a tendency to burn things to a crisp while cooking, I have to spend a lot of money fixing the kitchen after every time he uses it. Finnian is the gardener, an innocent chap, but he is not the sharpest tool in the shed, either he kills the plants with weed killer or cuts the bushes down way too much. Tanaka, well he is the family butler, but he doesn't do much anymore but drink tea, he is very old."
(Y/n) giggled lightly as I told her about the servants, she smiled and looked upwards, perhaps imagining what I was describing.
"I thought Sebastian was the family butler?" She asked
"No Sebastian is my personal butler."
"Can you tell me some more about your servants?" She asked.
Normally I wouldn't, but I liked to see her smile so I talked. I told her about the time we all went on 'holiday' leaving out the part about the demon hound. I told her about Pluto, only in my version he was a just a regular big dog. I told her about the disarray the manor was in when the three tried to catch mice in the manor and Finnian dressed up as a cat.
I stopped suddenly, I heard soft breathing coming from (Y/n). Her head was on the table and her eyes was closed. I couldn't help but smile a bit,as I reached out to touch her hair. I didn't know what I was doing. She was making me feel things and I genuinely did not know how to react. But I didn't need to think about that right now, I needed to get her to her room. Which is what I did.
I managed to stay unnoticed by the others who were either sleeping or too occupied with something. As I entered her room I placed her on the bed, gently tucking her in.
For a few seconds I stayed, preoccupied with my own thoughts. I wanted her to know the truth, but telling her everything would be bad for both of us.
If only you knew...

I walked out of her room closing the door behind me.