~Chapter 33~Baby Elizabeth~

~Meliodas's Pov~ 

Gowther, Ban, Diane and Hawk had led me outside one of the many spare rooms in the castle. It was a very huge castle with many, MANY rooms. Outside was King, Elaine and Escanor. It looked as if Escanor was guarding the room with King and Elaine talking with him. The three noticed us very fast. "Captain!" Escanor and King nearly shouted in relief and pure joy. I waved at the three of them. My mind, my heart...it only wanted to see her. It only wanted to see Elizabeth safe. I had to make sure of it. I trusted Merlin but I had to check.

"I'm glad to see you on your feet Captain" Escanor spoke getting me to thank him. Gowther then asked for me to be let into the room. Escanor, King and Elaine moved out the way, letting me go inside the room on my own. Once inside, I closed the door behind me. I was in shock to see one of the spare rooms was now filled with children's toys, plushies and many other things. My eyes landed on Merlin who was sitting in a chair on the other side of the room. Her eyes landing on me. "Captain, you're finally awake" she spoke getting me to nod in reply.

That was when I noticed her. Next to Merlin was a blue themed Victorian dollhouse, right next to it with a smile on her face was Elizabeth. She was a child. Had to be around the age of four or five by her height and size. Her long silver hair was now very short, she still had her crystal blue eyes and was wearing a yellow dress with white lace collar. Huge relief hit me. She really was okay. She was safe and far away from both Goddess and Demon Clans. I couldn't help but be extremely thankful to Merlin and the others. 

My relief came out as a huge deep breath. "We made sure she was safe Captain. We also made sure she will have everything she will ever need" Merlin then informed me, getting the little Elizabeth to turn her head looking at her confused. She then noticed me. She looked at me very confused. She always was so cute and innocent when she was reborn. A smile grew on my face. At least she was safe. I failed to save her, I failed to protect her even. I wasn't going to fail her again. No matter what the cost. 

She was the only thing that truly mattered to me. "I take it I got a lot to be updated on" I spoke getting Merlin to agree with the statement. Little baby Elizabeth looked at Merlin then myself. She was trying to read the room. Kids were very good at it but then there was Elizabeth's ability to read and hear one's heart and thoughts. Every single time she was reborn, she always was the same, she always loved to be nosy and know everything about what was happening around her. Just added on to the fact she was extremely cute. 

"I've been waiting for you to wake up before I finally give out a choice of who will raise her" Merlin then informed me. Everything in me nearly froze up. In the past, it always was a mixture of people who would raise her. At times it would be me, other times would be the woman who gave birth to her new life but also at other times were people I trusted enough to raise her. The Goddess Clan was still a huge threat to Elizabeth. The Demon Clan was also. I planned to deal with them before she got her memories back.

I planned to end this war for good before she was dragged back into it. I knew out of anyone, Merlin would know this. I had to ensure that this war is done and put down for good, even if I really have to go wipe out the whole Goddess Clan from the very face of this world for good. I knew that I wouldn't be able to raise Elizabeth and finish this job once and for all. I could protect her and visit her very often but raising a child takes all your attention and time. Elizabeth enjoyed and like to cause some trouble every single time she was reborn.

Most kids were like that. Even I was just like that when I was a child a very long time ago. "I take it you already have a list?" I then asked getting Merlin to nod in reply. I should've guessed she already had a list of willing and trustworthy people. I knew that Merlin wouldn't put anyone on that list I wouldn't know or trust. I took a small breath before my smile grew, I walked over to Elizabeth getting down onto my knees to be her height. She looked at me confused while Merlin smiled, her eyes closing. 

"Hi there. I'm Meliodas" I spoke getting her eyes to light up ever so slightly. She still was the very same. I hated the fact I was unable to protect her yet again but I also was slightly thankful she would not have to suffer for the next couple of years of her life. When she regains her memories, Elizabeth moves fast to grow up and to protect the ones she cares for. She would always be the same Elizabeth who puts others before herself. That was just who she was. The woman I fell in love with.

The woman I am in love with. The woman I will always be madly in love with. She whispered a 'hwllow', being shy like she normally was as a child. "Elizabeth, this is my very good friend Meliodas. You can always go to him and trust him" Merlin spoke, ensuring the young child that I was safe like she believes. Elizabeth was soon letting more of her guard down. Trusting in Merlin's words. I knew one day she would remember everything. I knew the wait for her...was far more than worth it. I was going to protect her this time around.

No matter what.