~Chapter 16~Worries~

~Diane's Pov~ 

I was sitting near the north entrance to the castle. I was in my giant form, not wanting anyone to really talk to me. I was sitting outside the entrance my mind on the Captain and Elizabeth. Just worry filling up inside of me. The Captain had done everything for Elizabeth for so long. He had done everything in his power to keep her hidden and safe. It was our fault they were found out. It was our fault that Elizabeth was placed under a death curse. I felt my eyes watering up because of the guilty and worried thoughts. 

I moved my hands to cover my face as I only had noticed then I had been shaking. "Lady Diane?" I soon heard Princess Margret's voice causing me to remove my hands from my head to see her next to me. She was standing there looking at me worried. I sniffled slightly as I only kept myself in Giant form. "Lady Diane, have you heard of any updates?" Princess Margret asked as I only shook my head 'no' in reply. She looked more worried at me. It was rare for me to be so quiet for this long amount of time. 

I couldn't stop thinking about the Captain and Elizabeth. I couldn't stop thinking about how if we didn't find them...if we didn't bring them back to the fight...that Elizabeth wouldn't be in this mess. I covered my eyes not wishing to speak to anyone about the problem. "Allow me Princess" I heard King's voice quietly whisper. It wasn't long until I heard footsteps leading away from me, must've been Princess Margret. I knew she was guilty as us, I knew she was upset and worried too but my own mind kept getting worse.

We weren't even sure on how the curse would kill Elizabeth. I knew by the Captain's face it was bad and painful. "Diane" I heard King whisper my voice worriedly. I didn't reply to him. I didn't know how to reply or explaining my thoughts and feelings. It was easy to see it was guilt but everyone else was pushing themselves to keep going while I couldn't...It wasn't long until I felt King sitting on my shoulder. "We understand how you're feeling ya know. It may be easier to let it all out to someone you can trust" King spoke, trying to sound calm.

It was too easy to hear his worriedness in his voice. He always was so worried about me. He always put me before himself or others. I moved a finger to see him staring at the sky, hugging his green pillow. "The Captain won't leave Lady Elizabeth's side too. He really looks pale and scared of what's to come..." King then spoke, while my eyes moved to see his eyes were red and puffy. I noticed some tried tears on his shoulder. Elaine. I knew it had to of been her. I only kept quiet as King closed his eyes. 

The sky slowly becoming more and more darkened with grey clouds. I only looked at him, my eyes unable to move off him. "The Captain agreed to let us help...we need to capture a Goddess fast as we can. The higher rank the better" King soon informed me, getting my eyes to light up. My hands moving off my face as I was looking at him in utter shock. I was confused on how or even who could change the Captain's mind. He was so serious before about not letting us help, even Merlin couldn't change his mind.

"Diane" King called out my name, moving his head to look at me, a smile growing on his face as he opened his eyes. I felt my face starting to burn up as he did so. I ended up moving my hands to my pigtails, moving them to cover my cheeks fast. His face was soon going a dark shade of red as he looked away from me fast, starting to float upward into the air. "W-we should be at our b-best in the fight..." King soon spoke, stuttering at the start as I smiled. He always found a way to cheer me up. He never failed in doing so. 

I nodded while King was trying his best to calm down his crimson red face. We soon heard Elaine calling King by his real name 'Harlequin'. King turned around to have his sister fly over to him fast, hugging him with a giggle. King smiled giving off a laugh hugging me as they were spinning slightly in the air. I only smiled at the two of them. King had missed Elaine so much, he had blamed himself for her death along with the destruction of the Fairy King's Forest. I noticed Ban was slowly walking over, his eyes closed while whistling a tune. 

Once Ban had gotten next to me, he stopped whistling once seeing my face. "Yo Diane, why you blushing that badly?" Ban nearly shouted his question, getting my face to only burn up even more. I was lucky that Elaine and King were too busy into their conversation to hear Ban's question. I only shrunk down to Human size, rushing at Ban, punching him square in the face. I was thankful to Merlin for teaching me and other Giants how to change our size at will. Beforehand Merlin had to do the spell for us. 

"S-shut it!" I snapped, stuttering at first as I crossed my arms. I looked away from Ban who was complaining that I punched him 'too hard'. I was only muttering how I could've done it harder in reply. Though it was for a short while, Ban was able to distract me from my worried thoughts. Sadly it wasn't long until they returned. My worries only just getting worse as a single second went by. I was taking deep breaths to calm my face while also trying to get the worried thoughts out of my head. It wasn't very successful. 

"Diane!" Elaine called me, causing me to turn around to see her flying over smiling at me. King was behind her, his face even redder than before. "I hope Ban didn't upset you too much" Elaine soon spoke, getting Ban to roll his eyes and look away from us. I only smiled at her in return. I informed her that he didn't while King was looking up at the sky. "King?" I asked confused, noticing that King had worry growing on his face. Elaine turned her head to look at her older brother confused like me. 

Ban even looked at him. "Something's coming" King whispered worried as soon we heard the war bells going off on the East side of the Kingdom. An attack? Already? Captain and Elizabeth should've pushed the Goddess Clan out of fear for at least a couple more days. We were all rushing to the East side of the castle, running as fast as we could. King and Elaine flying ahead, making them faster than me and Ban. "King's power has been getting a lot stronger lately" Ban pointed out to me, we were running side by side. 

"I noticed that too, he's been able to use the earth and nature to sense things" I replied as we kept going, seeing many knights and Holy Knights rushing to the East Wall of the Kingdom themselves. Once we made it to the wall, Ban and I were able to move outside the gates to see King, Elaine, Merlin, Arthur, Escanor, Gowther and the Boar Hat Tavern outside already. There was an army of Goddesses heading toward us, these ones having armour and good looking weapons. "They heard about Sis Sis being cursed" Merlin informed us all. 

We all looked at her worried and confused. "How is that possible?" Elaine asked loudly, worry and fear in her voice. Merlin soon sighed explaining how an Archangel was inside Elizabeth's mind, seeing her being cursed. We were all worried but our heads moved to see the Captain in front of us holding Lostvayne in his hands. "ONLY HOLY KNIGHTS ARE ALLOWED OUT, THE REST ARE TO GATHER ANY MEDICAL THEY CAN, ANYTHING THEY CAN DO TO BE READY TO HELP ANYONE THEY CAN!" Captain soon shouted loudly.

We heard everyone listening to his orders behind us, all of us eight people looking at him were slightly scared. We were able to feel his dark aura, filled with rage and bloodlust. "Captain you have to control yourself...if you lose you we will also lose Sis Sis" Merlin soon reminded the Captain, only getting him to give out a 'tisk' in reply. He was upset, he needed to let out steam. We all knew he needed to hit or kill something to help him calm down. We were not just worried about Elizabeth but new worries were starting to rise with the fact the Captain was like this.

If he lost control we would all be killed on the spot.