Chapter 14

Asha carefully places a blanket over the young girl's body as she sleeps peacefully. She moves Y/N's Y/H/C out of the way and kisses her forehead. She turns to look at Lucas and Anna. "Are we really going to let her do it?" Anna asked out of the blue. Asha and Lucas looked to one another and then at Anna. They nodded their heads.

"It's either that or we are on the run for the rest of our lives," Lucas states. Anna looks down at her hands. She managed to get some extra clothing from Asha into some warmer clothes. Instead of wearing a tank top and shorts. "Look we don't like it either Anna." Anna doesn't say anything just nods until Asha stands up and asks for Anna to follow her. They go into a spare room. They sit on the bed side by side.

"I have to ask," Asha started. "Why all of a sudden are you trusting her? Trusting us?" Anna looked to Asha and then shrugged.

"I don't have much of a choice," Anna spoke truthfully. "But I still don't want a 15 year old putting her life on the line like that." Asha nods her head agreeing.

"Yeah, but she's smart. Too smart than anyone gives her credit for," Asha says then pauses. "I mean if things go bad we'll be right there. And her uncle won't know what the hell is happening."

"I guess," Anna says looking to the ground. "What happened to her parents?" Asha tensed at the question. No one's really brought up her parents before since the incident. "You don't have to answer. She only told me they died. I was just curious." Asha nods understanding.

"Oh I get it. I was curious too until I found out what actually happened." Asha placed her hair behind her ear. "Look between me and you, Dr. Richards is a dirty man. Way dirtier than Y/N thinks. He killed them in cold blood and had no remorse." Anna bit her lip and shook her head.

"Sounds really bad, best not tell me what actually happened." Asha nods and stands up getting ready to leave. "He takes really good care of her, Lucas I mean." Asha stops in her tracks and nods smiling a bit.

"He does, they've always had a special bond once me and him were brought into the program. It's nice to see a smile on both of their faces time to time." Anna nods as Asha leaves. Yet, Anna stays a moment processing a bit. Soon she stands up and heads out to where all of them would be sleeping tonight.

____________________

Anna jumped awake. She waited a couple seconds and looked around seeing Asha and Lucas still asleep. But Y/N was nowhere in sight. Anna confused got up and went searching every room in the house. She was nowhere. Her last chance was the outside. She looked out back first then headed to the front. Once she opened the door there sat Y/N on the front porch staring off into space. Carefully Anna walked over and sat down beside the child.

"Oh hey," Y/N said softly. Anna smiled softly.

"It's freezing out here," Anna mentioned after a couple of moments in the silence. Y/N nods but keeps her eyes onto the trees whose leaves were leaving them slowly but surely. Anna took off the small jacket she had on and wrapped it around the small child. Y/N turned her head to look at Anna.

"You didn't have to give me this," Y/N says going to take it off, but Anna stops her.

"It's alright. I have long sleeves on, you don't," Anna quickly says. Y/N nods and thanks the actress. "You nervous?" Y/N takes a deep breathe and nods her head yes.

"A bit, but it's got to be done," Y/N whispers. Anna nods her head up and down looking out to the nature. The thought of getting up and running passes through her mind, yet she stays put. "Did you sleep any?"

"Probably just an hour. My mind was racing," Anna mentions. "Plus, I've been non stopped forced sleeping, so." Y/N chuckles and nods her head.

"Most likely has something to do with it." Anna nods her head as the front door opens. Both of their heads snap to look behind them. "Hey Lucas." Lucas gives them a smile and runs a hand through his hair.

"You two good?" Lucas questions leaning against the door frame. Anna looks to Y/N as Y/N looks to Anna then they look back at Lucas nodding their heads yes. "Alright, kid here's the keys. Go wait in the truck."

"Uh, Lucas?" Y/N stands up stopping Lucas. Lucas looks to the young teen. "Do you really think it's a good idea to take your truck?" Lucas looks at his truck and realizes what she's getting at.

"Anymore smart ideas?" He questions shrugging his shoulders. Y/N smirks and nods motioning for him and Anna to follow her. She leads them a little ways away from the house to some tarp covering something. Y/N hands Lucas his car keys back and goes over taking the tarp off. She pulls it off quickly revealing a nice mustang. Lucas's eyes widen and Anna just stares at it.

"I think this'll be better," Y/N smiles.

"Where the bloody hell did you get this from?" Lucas questioned walking over to it, examining every little part of it. It was his dream car. A black mustang. Y/N really understood why but she found it and kind of just took it.

"Well, i stole it," Y/N said walking away slowly. Lucas picked his head up and stared at the young girl as she kept walking away. He turned to look at Anna and pointed to her.

"You know about this?" He asked her. Anna put her hands up in defense and shook her head side to side indicating she hadn't a clue. "You little rat." Lucas climbs into the car into the driver's seat and looks at everything. Anna sighs and climbs into the backseat leaning back. Soon enough Asha and Y/N comes out. Asha getting into the passenger seat and Y/N in the back with Anna. Y/N hands Lucas the keys and excitedly he puts it into the ignition and hears the engine roar.