Panic struck my body. Questions rushed around my head rapidly. Where was I?

My temples were pounding achingly. My whole body was in pain yet my thoughts were only directed towards Alessandro.

Was he okay? I had no idea where I was but his safety was more important. I'd gladly offer my life to save his. I'd gladly sacrifice everything for him. I wanted to feel his embrace. I wanted him to whisper that I'm safe as long as I'm with him.

My thoughts were quickly halted when the door swung open and the light from outside blinded me — causing me to wince sharply and look away. A low chuckle could be heard from the door-way. And then an even brighter light was switched on and the sound of the door shutting echoed through the hollow room.

Finally managing to adjust to the brightness, I looked up and my eyes were met with a towering figure.

His face was unclear but I could see his muscular body in all its extremity. He could have easily grabbed me and squashed me right there if he liked. My heart began to accelerate as he slowly kneeled down and looked at me. As soon as his eyes were level with mine... I saw exactly who the man was.

My father.

I gulped and tried to hold back the tears behind my eyelids. "W-Where am I?"

Even though my voice was small and meek — I was proud that I managed to force out my voice. But my immense fear returned when my father brought his face closer to mine. I tried to cower my head back but I had nowhere to escape.

It was my face inches from his.

My innocence inches away from his cruelty.

My life before his eyes, and judging from the shackles I was in... I had little hope.

If I was still walking the streets or if I was still trapped in his hold like I was years ago — I wouldn't care about losing my life. I'd happily be killed if it meant I could escape from him.

But things had changed.

I'd finally managed to find my diamonds in the rubble. I'd finally found my saviour and my family. My life had pieced itself back together and now... I was being forced to give it all away?

The mere thought of losing Alessandro, Arianna, Gabriel, Leah, every single member of the Bellini family... it was too much for my heart to handle. The love I had for them was strong enough to break me through these shackles; I knew it.

But when my father was narrowing his eyes and his ashy breath was fanning over my face — I wondered if I would ever be able to see my happiness ever again.

"You're back where you belong," He snarled with his yellow teeth flashing in my face.

I rattled the shackles and tried to divert my eye-contact, but a firm finger brought my chin back upwards and I was met with his face once again. "Let me go," I tried to protest though there was no use. He just laughed in my face.

"What do you want from me?"

My father scoffed coldly. "Nothing from you," He replied with the coldest tone to his voice.

"Then why am I here?"

Tears were forming in my eyes. My heart was pounding.

But I tried my best to conceal my emotions.

My weakness couldn't be shown before his eyes. He was the kind of man that fed on my weakness — enjoyed the feeling of knowing his power. And I would never give him that satisfaction.