A

One year later...

"Good morning, L/N-senpai!"

"Good morning to you too, Goshiki-kun."

Y/N placed her shoes in the shoe locker when a certain ace-wannabe greeted her. She turned her head to see Goshiki holding a ball, grinning like an idiot like he usually does.

"What is it?"

"S-shirabu-san brushed me off awhile ago when I asked him about tossing to me. He said training hasn't started yet. Please toss to me, L/N-senpai!" Goshiki bowed, trying his best to be respectful to his senpai. He bit his bottom lip, ready for the [Hair Color]-haired girl's rejection when he heard her chuckle. "Sure. I can't see any problem with that. Why not?"

"Really? Thank you so much!"

The two of them went to spike some tosses. Y/N was happily complimenting the ace-wannabe and didn't notice the other members entering the gym one by one.

But a pair of brown orbs was intently staring at the two. He was unconsiously gripping the bottle tightly, unaware of the water running down his arms. And that is until Tendou smacked the back of his head.

"Come on now, Semisemi! You'll creep Y/N out!" The red-haired 17 year-old boy exclaimed, making the man named Semi frown. "Ugh, what's with the Semisemi crap? Quit that!"

"Ah, here you are again in your tsundere mode," Tendou sang teasingly. Semi just ignored his friend and glanced back at the two people he was watching awhile ago. Which now consists of three since Shirabu came to mock the bowl cut-haired ace wannabe.

"You lil' bowl cut bastard. Asking for the girls' volleyball team setter to toss for you is definitely a no-no!" The coppery-haired boy glared at Goshiki, but his face softens when he glanced at Y/N. "Are you sure you're okay with this, L/N?"

"Oh, uh, yes. It's not a bother anyway," Y/N replied politely. Goshiki grinned widely as he stucked his tongue out to Shirabu, making the copper-haired boy annoyed.

"Everyone! Huddle up!"

The volleyball boys went to greet their rival of the day, Aoba Johsai. Today, they're going to have a practice match against the opposing team. Oikawa, the opponent's setter and captain, went to mock the great ace of Shiratorizawa.

"Moo– Moo, Cowjima!" Oikawa teased the olive-haired boy. But Ushijima wasn't bothered at all. And instead, he replied politely, "Mocking my name is a friendly gesture. I shall return the gesture."

Ushijina kept his face straight as the whole gym listened, "Well, if it isn't OINKawa."

"..."

"Pfft!"

"HAHAHAHAHA!"

Laughter filled the whole gymnasium as Iwaizumi stopped Oikawa from hitting the confused great ace. Y/N only smiled at the sight and shook her head, giggling after seeing them happy about a small thing.

But when her gaze went to a certain ash blonde setter, her smile soon disappeared. She bit her bottom lip, trying her best not to breakdown again.