Chapter 22

"Ooh what's his name?!" My friend Tracy screams at me.

"Really? I haven't seen you in FOREVER and that's the first thing you ask me?" All of my friends laugh as she tries to justify herself.

"Well it's not my fault that you haven't dated since you-know-who..." I roll my eyes at the way she says it.

"Guys, it's not that big of a deal! It's not even a date! He's just bringing me to the party... He's probably going to ditch me when we get there anyway." I mumble towards the end of my rant.

"But you don't want him to ditch you.' My friend Savannah tries to point out, while wiggling her eyebrows.

"I never said that!" I say laughing awkwardly. I hate when my friends do this to me. They always read more into the situation than they actually should..

"Then why do you care so much about the way you look tonight? Why was he the first thing you brought up when we started talking?" Christina points out.

"Okay one: I don't care how he thinks I look, I'm only dressing up because my new classmates are going to be there, and two: he was the first thing I brought up because I was telling you that I won't be able to talk to you tonight like we planned." I explain

"Awe damn, I was hoping to pull an all nighter." Tracy fake pouts.

"Hey! We are still here!" Savannah and Christina whine together.

"But you guys aren't as fun as Snow! She was the fun one in the group." I laugh at their bickering and move the laptop so they can see my closet, then I stand up to work on my outfit.

"Guys, I need help. Do I go with a casual sundress or crop top with shorts?"

"Let me see the top." I walk into my closet and pull out my "Be kind to zombies" crop top. It's a light turquoise color. I hold it up in front of the camera and my friends all gasp.

"DUDE! That is so cute! Wear that one!" Christina screams into her camera.

"Haha Okay! Black or white shorts with it?" They all say white and I go into my closet to change. When I come out my friends all tell me it looks good, so I head over to mirror to get my hair ready. I decide to just leave it down and I straighten it a little even though it's basically straight already. I do light make up and cover up some acne patches. By the time i'm done it's time to leave, so I say goodbye to my friends and walk out the door. The farther I walk down the stairs the faster my heart beats, I'm not sure why... maybe I'm just nervous.