"Oh, it's okay. You don't have to."

"No, no, it's fine. I offered so I don't mind. Ah, another martini for the lady, please!" Benji called out to the bartender who nodded and got started on Emily's drink. "So, ah, how long have you been doing magic for?"

"A few years now. I wasn't really into it but one of my friends back in college was a magician and I was his assistant for some of his shows. He paid me and we've been together ever since."

"Cool, cool... He's a talented guy."

"Yeah, he loves doing what he does."

"Yeah, magic is always fun. I'm super excited since Carlos Avida is performing here."

"Oh, I know, right! Lyle is a big fan of his,"

"Lyle?"

"The guy I work with -  the magician."

"Oh, right! Of course!"

"Yeah, Carlos is an amazing magician. I'm super excited to see him perform."

"Oh... you've got tickets?"

"Yeah, since Lyle performs here he gets a lot of free or discounted tickets so seeing Carlos Avida was non-negotiable." Emily chuckled.

"Lucky you. I was going to get a ticket myself but I looked online and they're all sold out, which doesn't surprise me."

"Oh, you don't have a ticket?"

"No, my friend was going to see if she can get me one but she hasn't spoken to me about it yet."

"If you want a ticket, I can get you one."

Benji's eyes widened. "Y, you can?"

"Of course! They say that they're all sold out but there are some tickets that are only available for certain people so I can get you one of them."

"W, wow! That's amazing! Thank you so much!" Benji went to hug the woman but stopped himself. "I kinda want to hug you... Would that be weird?"

"No, that's fine. I'll accept a hug!"

"Okay," Benji smiled then leaned in and gave the woman a hug and he practically melted under her touch.

Emily's body was warm and welcoming. She smelt sweet and fresh. Her hair was soft and clean. She was perfect in every way and Benji's crush on her grew even stronger. After a few moments, the pair pulled away.

"One martini," the bartender slid Emily's drink over to her.

"Thank you," Emily smiled and took a sip.

"Do you come to clubs often?" Benji asked.

"Ah, not really. My friends and I are just having a nice night out."

"That's nice. So, are you a full-time assistant?"

"I am now, yeah. I used to do waitressing and stuff but now I do this since it pays enough."

"That's great. Do you want to do it for the rest of your life?"

"Ah... I don't know. I mean, I love to sing and write music so I'd like to do something with that one day, I suppose."

"You write music?"

"Yeah,"

"Oh my God, this is so cool. I'm friends with Beca Mitchell."

Emily choked on her drink. "You are?"

"Yeah! I'm actually here with her right now and a few of my other friends. We're on vacation."