First Days Of Nothingness

Beginne am Anfang

" Yeah, that was a fun session. " (Y/n) sighed. "Who even knew the DEO had their very own shrink." In her reluctance to leave the apartment especially to go to the DEO where she did not want to face real heroes the psychiatrist had come to her if you were a Super it seemed anything was possible.

"We have everything." Alex smiled. " It's the first step baby okay. "

"First step to unemployment, how am I a catch we're getting married in just a few months and I'm unemployed." ( Y/n) said sadly feeling the weight of worry settle on her shoulders again.

"Hey you are the only one worried about that, get better first okay, so get used to me looking after you more okay because it's happening, Bear and I are your servants and protectors," Alex said laughing pointing to the little dog who was lying curled up in his fluffy bed, at the sound of his name his head lifted head up his tail wagging despite most of it being trapped by his body. " See, we are here for you, so now with your free time start an indie rock band or something, take up knitting, write a cookbook, become a yoga instructor. "

"What did you say?"

" Yoga instructor? " Alex shrugged. "Oh God yes! I will totally sign up for your class if I can get a front row seat."

"No of course not, the cookbook idea, I'm not going to be attending the idea of being eye candy to the cities lonely sex starved women any time soon Alex."

Alex frowned that was an interesting point, she hadn't thought about that. "Well, obviously I'm not on board now you've mentioned that, but I get my own private class right?"

(Y/n) raised her eyes to the ceiling for a split second before leveling her gaze with Alex's leaning closer over the table. "Are you forgetting our bet? There is no way you could survive that Alex, no way in hell."

"We could at least try." Alex shrugged.

"Aren't you late for work? Bear and I have some tv to watch we have a busy day ahead of us."

"Don't start sulking if I could stay with you I would, but I can't the city is going crazy right now and no one knows what the hell is going on," Alex said sincerely, hating to see the lost lonely sad look in the eyes of the woman she loved.

(Y/n) sighed. "I know, I'm just, I don't know who I am anymore I did something so bad Alex and every time I close my eyes I see it, I used to be the girl who couldn't even kill a bug, now I've become a murderer and I can't settle that in my mind."

Swiftly Alex was kneeling down in front of her turning her so that she was facing her, her hands seeking to calm her by soothing over her arms and thighs. "Listen to me okay, sometimes we are in a situation and we have to do something that is totally different to how we are, you are not a murderer (Y/n) I refuse to accept that label for you, you did what you did to survive."

"I killed them, Alex."

"Inside those arenas of doom maybe, but outside did you? when you were away from those places did you hurt anyone?" Alex asked her eyes shining with unshed tears.

(Y/n) shook her head. "No."

"So, if you were a cold-blooded murderer then why didn't you do that? You spent time with that Lar Grand guy right?"

"Yes."

"So why isn't he dead now?" Alex shrugged.

"Because he isn't the Mon-el dude we met here on Earth." (Y/n) smiled a little, the two were indeed worlds apart.

"Good answer smart ass," Alex smirked but her smile soon left when she realized what she would have to tell her, she knew that (Y/n) had never been told not even by Kara, she took a deep breath to prepare herself for the words. "(Y/n) a few years ago not long after Kara first became Supergirl I did something I was so pained by, not because I had done it, I had to do it, and I would do it again if it meant saving someone I loved."