2

As soon as you walked out the room, Jimin shut the door and locked it. Opening his bag, he took out a t-shirt and some sweats, along with some blue underwear. Grabbing one of the neatly folded towels he found in the wardrobe, he headed to the bathroom to shower.

Soon, with the warm water from the shower helping his broken heart calm down just a little, he began to process all that happened this week.

The week had started of great-he and his girlfriend had arrived safely at the holiday resort he had booked to celebrate his birthday with her. The first night at the place was also uneventful but Jimin had quickly noticed something was off.

She was reserved and distant, which was nothing like her typical personality. Usually they would always goof off and cuddle but this week she just wasn't in the mood. He didn't want to pry though and had just kept quiet.

Nothing major happened the next few days, they had enjoyed the tropical sunshine and used the resort amenities to relax even if they were slightly subdued. Nothing happened that is, until yesterday-the day it all came crashing down.

As they sat at the resort's acclaimed restaurant for dinner that night, in the most romantic corner it offered, it happened.

She broke up with Jimin.

He was so shocked he didn't even hear what she said as she explained why.

But he didn't need to.

Because soon afterwards, a random man came over to her and kissed her, Jimin's girlfriend-or I guess now, ex-girlfriend. He would've stopped the guy if it wasn't for the fact she kissed him back. Then they both left from there, holding hands and smiling with love-struck expressions at each other while leaving Jimin behind in shambles.

He didn't remember how long he sat there crying obliviously as others stared-probably until customers grew uncomfortable and the management had to politely kick out him out. All he remembered was that he had made his way back dejectedly to their suite some time later, holding a bag of food he was given by the restaurant staff in pity. Then he simply stared at the room as he saw it had none of her stuff anymore.

She was gone.

She had left him for another guy and was not coming back.

His tears had started to fall again as realisation sunk in.

He was alone.

Once he recovered enough to think, he had quickly booked a flight to Korea and went to bed, hungry and isolated with his tears as the parcel of food lay untouched near the door.

He had arrived today only to be greeted by more bad news.

He was planning to head back to the apartment he used to share with his three closest friends. Jimin had moved out a few years ago to go abroad for studies but had visited recently before his disastrous holiday. He had hoped to return to the four who now lived there to celebrate his birthday with them. He needed the comfort of his friends-even the new roommate they had found in his absence who had become a good friend of his- but of course something else had to go wrong.

It was Park Jimin's life after all.

There was a storm raging outside as he exited the airport-similar to the one in his heart.

The weather conditions had meant no buses or alternative modes of transport were available to the apartment, despite it being relatively close to the airport. He didn't want his friends to risk driving in this weather and he knew it would be stupid to consider walking through this storm so he was left him with no place to go-until he spotted the sign to this B&B. Deciding to stay there, he called his friends to tell them he couldn't make it until tomorrow. After the call, he had ran to the place the sign had pointed at, getting completely soaked in the process.

Frustration and sadness at his plight had him in tears at the hotel's doorstep, simply not caring anymore.

And now here he was, showering away as brand new tears were spilling down his cheeks. Remembering the events of this week only brought more pain to his heart.

"Will I ever be able to get over her?" he wondered as he stepped out from the shower, drying himself off.

Wrapped in a towel and hair still wet, he made his way to his bag, grabbing his hair dryer. The hot air blasted out as he plugged it in and turned it on. Soon his hair was completely dry and he dressed in the clothes he picked out before, his tears stopping in the process.

Realising he had forgotten to ask you something, he made his way down stairs.