1

You watched the torrential rain fall down from the heavens as tears fell down your face. They soaked the soft cotton of your t-shirt, just like the ground outside was soaked by the rain water.

You don't know when you started crying but judging by the used tissues that surrounded you, it had been long enough that your tissue box had ran out. You were stuck sniffling-too lazy to go get another box but too stubborn and sad to stop crying.

"Look what you've done to me!" you complained to the person in the photograph. "Because of you, I always feel down now whenever I see the rain."

The young man in the picture did not reply. 

The photograph had captured him joyfully gazing at the person behind the lens with a cheeky smirk on his face, preserving that snippet of happiness forever. Being the one who had taken the photo, it used to bring a smile to your face as it contained such a rare display of effusion. However, now it only irked your doleful form to remember the moment prior to it being taken. 

After a disastrous date that ended in both of you heading home separately in anger, he had surprised you with a bouquet of your flowers in apology the next day.  He told you he loved you, whispering it at first in your ear before stepping back and shouting I love you's in the middle of the street. You had stood frozen, a blazing blush spreading across your cheeks as people stopped and stared, whispering with smiles at the young love. You had shyly snapped a picture to treasure the moment for ever, before running towards him, grabbing his face and kissing him passionately to shut him up as he smiled into the kiss.

"Stop smiling you idiot! You don't love me anymore!" you told the inanimate object, proving to the tiny part of your brain that was still rational you were going insane.

"Wow, even my own thoughts are against me...."

Yup, your rational self confirmed.

You really were going crazy-talking to photos, yourself and even fighting with your own thoughts.

"Well it's not my fault! This insanity was brought on by him!" you muttered to yourself, glaring at the man in the photo frame. "I'll sue you for this!"

Four months ago your boyfriend of several years broke up with you-while it was raining. You were in denial at first but when it finally hit you, you became a mess. Now every time it rained you felt this inescapable urge to cry as painful memories flooded your mind. It wouldn't disappear unless you did and so that was what you were doing now. You just couldn't get over him-he was everything to you.

You were still crying when the door bell rang- making you jolt in surprise and waking you up from your misery.

You didn't expect to have company today-the storm was pretty bad outside and the forecast said it was going to last the whole weekend. No one in their right mind would stay at a bed and breakfast hotel in this weather. And who would be out to need to come to one in the first place when it was raining like this?

You quickly wiped your tears and took off your tear stained t-shirt, blowing your nose on it before tossing it into the laundry basket. You threw on a new one-along with a hoodie and gave your hair a swift brush before heading to the door.

In the five minutes it took you to do that, the person outside had pressed the door bell another seven times.

"I'm coming!" you yelled as you galloped down the stairs to the front door.

"Can't a person wait?" you grumbled quietly as you started opening the door, clearly not pleased. The person outside stopped ringing the bell since they heard you opening it.

You were ready to decline whoever was outside a stay, but as you saw him you forgot any thoughts along those lines.

"Now I know why he was outside today" you thought as you let him in and closed the door behind him. It was clear to see that this was not someone in their right mind.

It was someone who looked a lot like you did a few minutes ago.

The handsome young man had swollen, red, puffy eyes with tear stains down his cheeks. He was holding a large black leather duffel bag tightly in his small hands as he shivered in the hallway. His thin clothes were drenched with water and his blonde hair was dripping wet. He was obviously not dressed for this weather.

Now you understood why he pressed the bell so many times-he wanted to get out of the biting wind and rain.

Understandable and obvious, your sensible but savage subconscious concluded, something you chose to subtly ignore as you switched into host mode.

"Why do I always get the weird ones?" you wondered as you went to get him a towel to dry himself off. When you returned, you handed it to him and he gladly accepted it. He placed his bag on the ground and started drying his hair. Meanwhile you went to get the book for check ins and outs to the hotel to mark his stay.

As much as you didn't appreciate the interruption to your pitiful crying fest, your subconscious at least wasn't complaining. You could do with some company. So you put on your best business smile to greet the man as he finished up drying his hair.

"Good evening sir. Welcome to Y/N's B&B. What can I do for you?" you asked politely.

"Uh, good evening. I'd like to stay here for the night and next morning if there are rooms available." he answered, a bit embarrassed as he seemed to have realised what he must've looked like to you-post crying face and all.

"All the rooms are vacant actually so you're welcome to stay." you replied, smiling reassuringly as your awkward self could. "Can you please tell me your full name?"

"Park Jimin."

"Okay Mr.Park-can you sign here?" you asked, pointing to the space in the book for his signature.

He did as you asked and you two quickly settled the payment. He obviously needed to change-otherwise he would get sick-so everything was done with speed. You didn't want to delay him any longer than needed.

You grabbed the room keys and lead him upstairs, to the suites available. There were seven bedrooms in total; five master bedrooms with en suites and two larger rooms that contained two twin beds. However, one master suite belonged to your Aunt and Uncle who were away on holiday and one was yours so only five, which were upstairs, were in commercial use.

Jimin chose the first one he saw, a blue themed bedroom close to the stairs, and you handed him his room key before heading down stairs.