4

Jimin got up the next morning and after doing his morning routine, he headed down stairs for the breakfast he was meant to get. He was still feeling miserable over his break up, as expected after such a heart wrenching event, and hoped that maybe breakfast with you would take his mind off things for the moment.

As he turned the handle to the kitchen door, beginning to open it, you quickly came out and shut the door behind you.

Startled, Jimin stepped back.

"Why does she look so flustered?" he wondered examining your suspicious behaviour.

"Oh you're up!" you said, quickly pushing him towards the dining room. "Just stay here. I'll bring you breakfast in a second."

"Okay" he replies, confusion spreading across his face as he watched you hurriedly walk back to the kitchen.

Jimin took a seat at the table and waited for you to arrive. You came in soon after, giving him bread and butter on a platter. He looked up at you in puzzlement then examined the food, noticing that there was no jam. If he was going to just eat bread he might as well have some jam with it so he asked for some of the sugary conserve.

"Of course" you replied and went to fetch the B&B's special strawberry jam, the strawberries being hand picked and made into jam right there by you and your Aunt. Meanwhile, Jimin stared down at his breakfast.

Floppy slices of limp white bread and cold butter in a small bowl stared back at him.

"How is this special?" he wondered. He didn't say anything though and when you returned with the jam he just fake smiled at you politely, before he started eating. As you left again-this time grinning-Jimin didn't notice as negative thoughts filled his head.

"What was I hoping for?" he thought to himself bitterly. "Someone to finally stop lying to me? Someone to stop forgetting about me? Someone to treat me right?"

It didn't matter-he was leaving soon anyway to his friends. He would just continue fake smiling like always until he left. 

"It was my own fault for having expectations but it's okay-they'll care" he told himself trying to lift his spirits with the thought of his friends, "They're the only ones that do anyway."

He didn't taste anything as he ate his pitiful excuse of a breakfast, lost in his thoughts. It must've been really bland and tasteless or he was too lonely and downcast to notice any of the flavour present. He took his bites slowly; watching the raindrops hit the window in the room. He closed his eyes as he replayed the memories of his last meal with his girlfriend, now his ex, in his mind.

"How different things would've been if she hadn't broken up with me then.....I would've been happy now...We would've been together......" he thought miserably.

It was then that he heard something being put down in front of him, on the dining table.

Jimin opened his eyes to see a cute little birthday cake with lit candles set in front of him, while his host smiled at him shyly.

He was so surprised and really moved that he started crying.

"Why did you do this?" he asked the now very flustered and concerned host that was you.

"It's because you looked so sad yesterday when you arrived! I thought you could do with some cheering up! Sorry you had to eat the bread, butter and jam though. I just needed to distract you so I could set up the cake and things as you got up earlier than I expected" you explained, slowly beginning to ramble as you thought Jimin didn't like the surprise. "Sorry for the lopsidedness of the cake as well......you see I made it, since the weather was too bad to go out and buy one" you said, scratching the back of your neck shyly while teary eyed Jimin looked up at you in wonder.

"You did all of this for me and now you're apologising cause the cake is a little lopsided?" he asked incredulously.

"Ummm, yes-I wanted it to be perfect." you said, nodding, "You deserve that at the very least after all you've been through."

"It's more than perfect-it's beautiful" he said, his sincerity obvious in the way he looked at you, gaze soft and genuine. "Thank you."

"Uh, you're welcome" you replied, blushing by his words as you weren't expecting that. "Just blow out the candles before they melt."

Jimin smiled widely at your cuteness as you pretended like it was nothing, his eyes turning into little half moons. He made a wish and blew out the candles as you sang "Happy Birthday".

As Jimin cut the cake and served you two a slice each, he thought of something. A mischievous glint appeared in his eyes as he called your name, making you look up at him from the cake. He just smirked as you took in his expression and slowly started to retreat.

"What is it?" you asked suspiciously as he approached you, hiding his hands behind his back.

"Nothing" he replied, getting closer and closer as you went farther and farther.

His grin grew as your back hit the wall behind you.

You were trapped.

He stood in the way to the door and there was no escape behind you. You gulped nervously as he approached you, finding enjoyment in your wary state.

As he slowly came close enough that you could feel his breath on your face, you cringed back against the wall and shut your eyes.

He was way too close.

It was then that he did it.

It was then that you felt it.

HE PUT THE FROSTING ON YOUR FACE!

Shocked, you opened your eyes to see Jimin running away from you, laughing his cute little butt off. The way you looked when you were afraid was just way too hilarious.

"COME BACK HERE PARK JIMIN!" you yelled as you ran after him, smothering your hands in cream on the way

Two minutes later, after a game of cat and mouse, you both lay panting on the floor, faces and hair full of frosting. As you both turned to look at each other, your disheveled appearances made you two burst into laughter.

 As you both turned to look at each other, your disheveled appearances made you two burst into laughter

Jimin fell into you laughing, while you pushed him away, snickering  at his creamy face. He then fell on to the floor, the next closest thing after you and rolled around giggling and squeaking.

What started off because of your appearances was now continued due to your ridiculous laughter and both of you took a while to recover.

"This really was an extra special breakfast" he thought as you both finally dug in after cleaning the room and yourselves up. "How could delicious a birthday cake, a food fight and friendship not be extra special?"