Chapter 33 part 1-3

Colton POV

After Demi leaves I get the dogs taken care of and then get Corey dressed. I only have classes till noon today which is one of Corey's favorite days since he only has to stay at daycare for the morning. He misses nap time there so on days I have half days he doesn't take naps which is better for me at night time. I get him dressed, do his hair cause he wanted me to use gel to spike it today, and then brush his teeth. I take him to day care, walk in him and then head to class.

My first class ends around 9:50. I put my books in my bag and start to walk out.

"Hey!" I hear behind me. I turn around.

"Colton?"

"Yeah. Hailee right?"

"Yeah..." She says smiling. "So I talked to Mr. Williams cause I don't really understand this stuff. He said your one of the best in the class so I was wondering if you'd help me out?"

"Uh... Yeah I guess."

"Okay. Tonight?"

"Sure. Do you mind doing it at my house? I have a son and nobody to watch him."

"Yeah that's fine." I get a piece of paper and write down my address.

"Okay. I'll see you tonight." She says.

"Okay."

I finish my day and go to Corey's day care. There in the middle of nap time and Corey's sitting at the table coloring. I go over to his teacher. Everyday she hands out behavioral forms saying if he behaved and if he didn't, what he did. I look over it and he ended up hitting some kid with a French fry in the face. I laugh in my head...

You got to admit that's funny...

I thank the teacher and get Corey. I get into the car and start driving.

"A French fry?"

"He made me mad." Corey says.

"Well a lot of people make me mad but you don't see me hitting people with French Fries." He doesn't say anything. I let it go.

We get home and I give Corey lunch. Night comes and I start to get Corey ready for bed since Hailee's coming over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Colton POV

Once Corey's in bed I go out into the kitchen and pour us a drink just In case were up late. Something to keep us up. I look down and notice I'm in sweats. It's just to study but I don't know so I go upstairs and change quickly. As I change I hear the door bell ring.

"Fuck..." I say hoping it didn't wake up Corey. I get my shirt and run downstairs, opening the door.

"Hey..." She says looking at my chest. I put my shirt on.

"Sorry. Come in." She walks in looking around.

"Nice place."

"Thanks. It's messy now... I haven't had a chance to clean." I say considering all of Corey's toys are on the floor.

"Where's your son?" She asks.

"I put him to bed early. Trust me... We wouldn't have gotten any studying done if he was up." I say. She giggles.

"Cool... So should we start?"

"Yeah." We sit down and start studying. Two hours pass and we decide to take a break. We start to get to know each other a little better. She goes first.

"Okay... What's your sons name?"

"Corey."

"Cute... How old is he?"

"Four."

"Cool... What about the mom? Is she in the picture?" She asks.

"No his moms not... She passed away."

"Sorry."

"It's okay... We weren't together. Obviously I was upset... Nobody deserves to die but we weren't dating. Want another drink?" She nods. I get us another drink and then go back out with her.

"What about you? Single... Married... Dating?" She giggles.

"I'm single..." She says.

"Really? That surprises me."

"Why?" She asks.

"Well your nice, your beautiful... Any guy would be lucky to date you." Her cheeks turn red.

"Thank you." She says.

It's quiet for a couple seconds but it's not long before I catch myself moving my hand to her cheek as my lips move closer to hers. It's like there's two different people inside of me. Ones saying stop but the other is saying go...

My body listens to the other as our lips meet, moving perfectly in sync, completely forgetting about the other voice until I hear the door open.

"Colton... I have-" the voice stops as I look up to see Demi's 12 year old little sister.

"Uh... I-I'm sorry..." She says closing the door behind her.

"Shit..." I said.

"Give me a minute." Hailee nods and I walk outside after Maddie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Colton POV

I go outside and see Maddie walking to the car with Eddie in the drivers seat.

"Shit..." I say quietly. "Maddie." She turns around. I signal for her to come back. I see her put her hand through her hair before walking over. We sit on the porch.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Some of Demi's mail came to our house... We were on our way back from dinner and wanted to drop it off for you to give to her when she got back." I take the mail.

"Look I'm sorry you had to see that. It's not what it seems."

"I may be 12 but I'm not an idiot... Are you gonna tell her." I just stare at her. "I'm not gonna tell you what to do... But it's gonna make you look like a coward if you don't tell her and she finds out another way." Maddie says before walking to the car. I watch as they pull out. There goes the last person of her family to like me. I sigh and walk in.

"Who was that?" Hailee asks.

"No one... You should probably go."

"Okay... Wanna hang out tomorrow night?" She asks.

"... Yeah sure."

"Okay. See you then." She says handing me her number. I nod and she leaves.

What am I getting myself into?

~~~~~~~~~~~

Colton!!

Comment your thoughts!

~Do you think anything more is gonna happen between them?

~Do you think he'll stay loyal to Demi?

Comment and Vote!!

~Ashley