Five.

Five.

Omfg, I was literally laughing my butt off while writing this chapter. >.<

As I sit here, in a class of about thirty students, I can't help but be bored. This guest speaker is literally droning on and on about his collection of old 1950s soda cans. It's so depressing that even Professor Winton seems to be nodding off.

After what feels like forever, the echo of the door slamming closed awakens me. I watch the girl with shoulder length brown hair walk to her seat. My lips curve into an anxious smile because I know who she is. My Ava. She has the same class as me. This day is getting better.

"Miss Campbell, can you explain your tardiness to my creative writing class?" The entire class is focused on her, thankful for someone to save us from our boredom.

"Um, can- can I be honest?"

I see her lift her book off her hip to place it over her fitted blue track tee. The same tee shirt in her Facebook picture.

He nods with a skeptical expression. He looks like the guy from The Bourne movies. Matt Damon, yeah that's who he looks like. Just an older, scruffier version.

"I overslept." She holds her head down while I notice a hint of red flush her cheeks. A few snickers echo through the tense classroom, making the air lighter. I find myself chuckling too.

"Well, I appreciate your honesty Miss Campbell. Welcome to Creative Writing 101."

"I'm so glad I took this class." A guy a seat away whispers to me as she takes her seat in  front of us.

My jaw clenches from the realization of what he means. Instead of laughing like he expects me to do, I glare at him.

"You won't try anything, got that?"

"Whoa man, what's your problem?" He raises his eyebrows in an attempt to question me.

"My problem will be you if you so much as glance at her." I retort, feeling a hint of jealousy. No one should be looking at her but me.

Class went fairly well. My mind and body stayed focused on her. All I could think about was her.

Our professor cracked a few jokes once the guest speaker left.  They weren't all that amusing, but given our previous form of entertainment, we were happy for it. After our laughs of the day, we were assigned topics to write about. We have to create a utopia. We have to write about our version of a perfect world. I already know what I'm going to write about. Or better yet, who I'm going to write about.

"Um, excuse me," I hear a female's voice address me so I lift my head from my paper.

"I know writing is awesome and all, but it's time to go." She smiles sheepishly at me. Her big, green eyes and attractive smile makes me smile too.

"Oh,"

Looking around I notice that we're the only two in the class. The classroom is larger than I remember. Actually, the room feels smaller whenever my Ava is present.

"I'm Emmy." She extends her hand for me to shake. I do and after, she runs her fingers through her short, honey wheat hair.

"I'm Ian," I speak hesitantly, hoping she doesn't attach a last name to me.

"Nice to meet you. Hey, I'm starving. Wanna go to the cafe?" She asks after a while of me still staring at the empty desk Ava once occupied.  Dammit, I missed my chance to talk to her again.

--*--
Unedited and I know it's short but I have to go to work so yeah. Vote,  comment,  fan! :)