Thirteen.

Thirteen

Sorry for the delay...Guy's POV is a struggle for me. There may be mistakes as this chapter is unedited.

xoxo- N.K

Almost.

It almost ended with a bang. One solid shot to the head would have ended my life in a split second. All of my pinned up anger fueled by my soulless father had almost exploded on Elaine's oak wood desk.

Almost.

I guess it's safe to say that almost doesn't count. What counts is what I've decided to do after my almost- suicide attempt. What counts is getting the one girl who can change me forever. The one girl who can make me better just by being around me; being with me.

My phone buzzes, alerting me of the possible threat outside. The weather is bad. Terribly bad. The warnings are all over the t.v's and radio stations. No one is advised to travel today.

Fuck that. I'm going back to Nevada today. Even if I have to walk there.

"No sir, you are not leaving this house. Not today, not tomorrow. Not until this blizzard passes over." Elaine verbalizes. She uses my weakness to convince me to stay; her motherly tone.

"Listen Mother, I'll be safe. There's nothing to worry about because I've driven in snow before." A little snow and some canceled flights won't stop me from getting back to my Ava.

From watching her schedule before, I've learned her routine. Every day-- no matter the weather-- she does the same exact thing and goes to the same exact places. Early morning, she wakes up, showers, gets dressed then heads out. Never eats breakfast. She waits until lunchtime to eat, and by that time she is starved. I notice she orders more food than most.

After lunch, it's back to her dorm to study. After about ten minutes she walks out with books and crumpled papers secured in her delicate hands.

I smiled at that, remembering how bored I become being trapped in one room too.

"Don't ignore me! It's just too dangerous!" Elaine shouts, forcing my thoughts to run from me.

The exasperation in her tone is similar to a fire in her eyes. She wants me to stay because she's concerned for my safety. Maybe she's right. No need in getting myself killed all because I want to be back on campus sooner. I can give her one more day.

"Fine," I rub my stiff neck in frustration. "I'll stay one more day."

#

Stiff neck. Blurred vision. Cramped joints.

Yawning, I extend my arms to stretch, catching a glimpse of the time before sighing tiredly.

7:42 p.m.

I've stared at my laptop screen so long that the words are starting to blend together. This paperwork is exhausting. Working from home for three hours straight has proven to be too much for my mental state. I'm going insane just sitting here.

"What can I do now?" I mumble. Leaning forward, I collapse on the cherry wood desk. "Ava would know what to do."

Anxiety finds its way into my fingers as I ball them into fists, fighting to control my urges.

"Deep breaths..." I tell myself. But my repetitive words mold into paranoid thoughts.

Where is she at? Who is she with? What is she doing? When can I see her again? And why in the hell am I still here right now?

Those are the questions occupying my mind as I try to hold back my frustration. Trying to push my lustful thoughts in a different direction but they linger. Reaching in my pocket, I clutch a photo. One of many in my possession. My favorite photo of her sleeping peacefully. Instant memories of her come crashing down on me. Her smell, her voice, her sense of sarcastic humor, her love of food, and even her admiration of other people. I need that too. I need her to show me her world because mine is meaningless. My world is meaningless without my Ava in it.