Ch. 8

STB: Chapter 8 – Magic Eyes

The alarm belatedly rang, echoing through the floors. The surviving sprinklers extinguished the fires throughout the hotel.

The outside of Pearl Hotel was full of spectators, as ambulances and firetrucks arrived. There were those who suddenly had cuts and bruises all over their feet from broken glass, or who had fractures like they had fallen.

Nobody could tell what had happened.

In the stairwell, Geng Tian was staggering when the pain in his head suddenly disappeard. He remembered that he wanted to try opening the door but didn’t know how. Then the door suddenly opened. Was it an ability that appeared out of thin air?

His gaze fell on the latched door of this floor and with a snap, the door opened. Geng Tian was stunned and couldn’t help stepping back.

“What’s wrong with me?” Geng Tian looked incredulously at his hand.

“…”

Li Fei had a pale face and his eyes were half closed, with blood trickling down from the corner of his eyes.

Geng Tian vaguely remembered that he was being helped down, then something unknown happened and there were successive waves of heat that made him uncomfortable, but this was disturbed by the cold sweat from his severe headache. At that moment, he saw Li Fei lean against the balustrade while bleeding and refused to ponder to his strange ability anymore.

“I’m fine.”

Li Fei opened his eyes. His mood was far less calm than what he showed on the surface. The power of the flames from the terrorists’ explosion was circulating in his body.

It was an intangible force, but he could feel that it was there. If Li Fei closed his eyes, he could see that Geng Tian’s body also had a power, but the colour was shallow and it was concentrated on his brain.

“My eyes might be affected by the impact of the explosion… You and I, we can’t go to the hospital.”

Geng Tian made a tight expression at Li Fei’s second sentence. He couldn’t tell if Li Fei also had an ability, or if it was because he didn’t want his injuries to be photographed by the reporters at the scene.

Geng Tian covered Li Fei’s head with his jacket, helped Li Fei down the stairs and mingled with the panicked crowd that was fleeing the hotel.

However, their actions were a step slow and the scene had already been blocked off by the police.

Pearl Hotel was holding a charity auction tonight. There were key members of government agencies attending, so security checks were in place. When the time stagnation occurred, the group had entered with explosives so the security had no effect. Now that something so big happened, the security immediately called for police reinforcements.

“Don’t leave the hotel. The wounded will be taken care of by medical professionals.”

The police officers onsite coordinate to carefully protect the explosion area.The panic stricken people gathered on the third floor restaurant while complaining.

“Please give your name and ID, if not, please provide your room number.” The person in charge of taking attendance saw that Geng Tian and Li Fei weren’t wearing hotel uniforms. Geng Tian looked like an ordinary citizen, but he was immediately on guard against such questions.

Li Fei took off the jacket covering his head and reported his room number.

It wasn’t necessary to hide this. The information was checked against the hotel’s information and verified that it was correct. The police officer saw the blood on Li Fei’s face and asked if he was injured and needed treatment.