Ch. 114

Assistant Lin was blocked, scaring him senseless.

He thought that the two groups of people are part of the same group.

Seeing that his escape route is blocked, Assistant Lin suddenly found that his phone is still in his hand. He immediately tucked it into his jacket pocket, thinking that in case he died, at least Jian Hua heard the murder, and can tell the police. Maybe Jian Hua is already recording it.

He looked around in a panic, looking for a brick or a stick or something.

But there's nothing on either side. The most lethal is probably his fist......

When he saw that stiff face, and the hideous smile of the perpetrator, Assistant Lin shook even more powerfully. He doesn't understand how to use his fists or any martial arts at all, not to mention Geng Tian, even Li Fei can single-handedly put down Assistant Lin.

Not far on the road, those cars don't even dare to stop as they stepped on the gas pedal.

There are figures at the intersection. Assistant Lin wants to shout, but those people stretched their strides and disappeared——with such a terrible sound, who dares look at the situation? As long as you have seen the online videos and news, they can't wait to leave. Changed to Assistant Lin, he's also sure that he'd escape to a safe place and then call the police.

The knife-wielding madmen chased the strangers that ran before him. Assistant Lin desperately shrank himself to the wall of the building.

Although the people wearing the black badge didn't take out a weapon, they have superpowers. There's no difference between having a knife or not having anything in hand.

What makes Assistant Lin feel uncomfortable is their eyes. It's not filled with bloodthirsty madness, but with a weary numbness.

Assistant Lin once followed a program crew to view the mountains. He remembered a scene from a "left-behind village" where all young and middle-aged laborers go out to work: The people's eyes are grey. From old people to children, it's like seeing a black and white movie, like something that's been forgotten for a long time. When they heard the honk from a car, they will cover their ears, and show ill-suited expressions.

The smell of blood in the air is obvious.

Someone wearing a black badge heaved a sigh. The others didn't react much.

"It's bad luck......Abandoned World just ended. If it's ten minutes later, we'd have caught up with these guys and handed them over to Red Dragon. No one will probably die here."

"This time Abandoned World lasted for a month, and you still want to stay inside?"

Among the crowd wearing black badges, a young man that looks like a university student smoothed things out, "Speak less, and quickly solve these group of guys. Here is the real world, the police will come soon."

His companions raised objections, "No, we should leave immediately. Once we use our abilities, those devouring mushrooms will tie up everyone here. The police are not the same as the Red Dragon's Ability Holders Organization. They don't know anything! We may be taken away as suspects, and that's nothing. If they're in law enforcement, they'll be too suspicious, think that we're dangerous, and maybe even shoot us directly?"

"Can't you hear the screams from here? There may be people still alive!" The young man argued.

His companion is gloomy, "Huo Wei, the cruelty of Abandoned World hadn't made your brain grow? You have to understand; this isn't the group you brought before, full of impulsive young people. Your people are dead. We met at Abandoned World and accepted you because we belong to the same Black Abyss. We are here to survive together. Helping the Red Dragon is to survive. Don't put the cart before the horse! You are trying to keep yourself alive, but are you single-mindedly working for the Black Abyss or the country? Idiot, you've been brainwashed."