one

9:00 p.m

   I sighed in relief packing away the last boxes left in the storage room. I quickly hurried out and closed the door behind me going to my locker. I was currently in Walmart just finishing my last shift of the day, before going out to pick my brother.

I check the clock once I got in my car and sighing once more "I'm already five minutes late" I mumble. Why exactly am I late? picking up my brother from his hockey practice, I know mum will yell at me again this is the second time this week I been late to pick up Dylan.

I turned into the parking lot of one of the ice hockey rinks in Toronto and parked in a space before heading out quickly.

I opened the cold doors and walked straight in turning to my left making my way to the receptionists.

"Can I help you today?"

"Uh, yes I'm here to pick up my little brother from his practice" the older women pushed her glasses up before looking down at the paper with a pen in her hand "And what is your brother's name?"

"Dylan, Dylan Jones"

"Ah, he still is out on the ice with Coach Marner"

I furrowed my eyebrows "Coach Marner? Where's Coach Williams?" 

"Coach Williams got injured he won't be coaching the rest of the year so we got a new one in his place, you may go see if you like." The woman told me, I smiled at her nodding before leaving her and opening the door to the rink.

"C'mon Dylan! Over here!"

My head snapped to the direction of the voice and surely enough there where still two out on ice one I can clearly tell is Dylan the other not so much.

I saw Dylan pass the puck on to his stick before shooting it into the net "That was a great pass!" The man smiled. I saw his eyes move toward the stand before making contact with mine.

It didn't last long before I saw the man talking to Dylan pointing towards me and he nodded. The Coach smiled at him before giving a pat on the back.

Dylan came towards my way stepping off the ice and walk towards me.

"You are late again!" 

I shook my head " By the time your practice was over I was coming to pick you up, you know how traffic is Dylan!" I exclaim taking the water bottle out of my bag and gave it to him. "Now go get changed" I saw him roll his eyes but I didn't care as he walked towards the dressing room. 

"Don't need to be mean do ya?" I heard a voice chuckle, turning my head to who was speaking I recognized it was the guy that was on ice with Dylan, he turns out to be much younger than I expected.

I scratched the back of my neck letting out a nervous chuckle "It has been a rough day"

That's a lame response 

Oh, shut up!

"I can tell, I'm Mitch, Mitch Marner, Dylan's coach," he said taking out his hand, which I shook.

"I-Its nice meeting you..."

Getting nervous already are we?

"Can I get your name with that?" he asked a smirk on his face, I raised my eyebrow at him but replied anyways "Ella, Ella Jones"

"Ella... That's a very pretty name" I felt my cheek redden. 

"T-Thank you..."

"Ella!" I mentally sighed in my head when I heard the familiar voice turning my head around I saw Dylan coming out with his hockey bag on his shoulder.

"Let's go," I said to him he nodded.

"Bye Dylan, it was nice meeting you Ella," Mitch said, I bit my lip before responding "You to," I say quietly. Before quickly following Dylan

Someone's got a crush

I swear you talk too much sometimes