Chapter Eight

Draco's POV

   After Harry and I are done talking, we realise its midnight. We head up to my room, although neither of us are tired, we lay down anyway.

   "Hey Draco," Harry whispers to me, as we lay on my bed in the dark, "when you dated Pansy, was it just a cover up for you being gay, or did you not know you were gay?"

   "Just a cover up. I regret dating her so much, she was clingy and annoying, and I always wished I could just leave her and date the boy I so badly desired, but I didn't know if he was gay or not..." I say, not exactly thinking about what I was saying.

   "So who's the special boy?" he asks, and I get extremely nervous. I can't tell him. I can't ruin what we have now. "Oh... no one," I say, hoping he drops the subject.

   "How long have you known that you were gay?" Harry says, obviously seeing that I don't want to answer his last question, and changes the subject abruptly.

   "Since my first year... I don't know how I realised, but something made me go 'oh, I'm gay,'" I say, half honestly. I knew what made me realise that I'm gay. It was Harry. But he doesn't know that. And probably never will. "How about you?"

   "Well, I've basically known that I was gay my entire life... When I dated Ginny in our 6th year, it was because I thought I wasn't actually gay... but dating her just confirmed it. Ginny's a sweet girl, but I see her as more of a sister than a potential partner," he says, and I laugh. "At first I thought you were going to say Ginny turned you gay!"

   Harry laughs too, and slaps me lightly.

   "Ow!" I say, pretending to be hurt, "Harry hit me!" I start fake crying, and he says, "I'm sorry Draco, I didn't know you were so fragile and old."

   "Kiss it better you meanie head!" I say,  jokingly, and Harry kisses my cheek. "There, you big baby," he says, and I giggle. "He kissed me! Harry Potter kissed me!" I say, in a girly voice.

   He hits me with a pillow, and utters, "Stop being such a weirdo Draco."

   "Sorry," I say in a baby-like tone, "I'm only this many!" I hold up five fingers, which, although the room is dark, Harry sees, and laughs.

   "Draco, why is it that even though we just recently started being friends, we talk and act like we've been best friends for years?" he says, and I think for a moment. "I don't really know," I say, "but you are honestly probably the best friend I've ever had, even though we just started being friends."

   "I feel like I can talk to you about anything, especially about being gay. I can't talk to Ron about it, because he just gets uncomfortable,  and Hermione tries to help and give advice but fails, because she doesn't know what its like," he says, and I can feel myself slowly fall asleep, but I try not to. Harry notices, and whispers "It's fine if you go to sleep Draco," so I nod and start trying to sleep, as Harry plays with my hair. Before I go to sleep, I feel a light warmth on my forehead that lasts only a moment, and the feeling lingers for a few seconds, and then I fall asleep.

~~~~~~ in the morning ~~~~~~

Harry's POV

   When Draco and I wake up, we go to the kitchen and decide to attempt to make pancakes again.

   "Okay Draco, this time, we can't burn them," I say, half jokingly. "Will do, Chef Harry," Draco says, and salutes me.

"Wow, you really are a weird person, you know that?" I say, and we begin making the pancakes. Draco mixes the batter, I put a pan on the stove and spray it with nonstick spray, and we pour the batter into the pan and wait. Determined not to let the pancakes burn, Draco stares at them for a prolonged amount of time.

   "It will take longer for them to cook if you keep watching them," I say.

   "Well, how else am I supposed to make sure they don't burn?" he says, like a stubborn child.

   "You can check on them occasionally,  but staring just makes it feel like an eternity."

   "Fiinee. But when they burn, it will be your fault."

   Draco walks away from the pan, and I check on the pancakes. Its time to flip them, so I ask Draco to do it, since I knew he would want to. He flips the pancake, and almost drops it out of the pan, but manages to save it before anything happens. We wait a little for the pancake to cook, and once it has, I give it to Draco. "Ta-dah! The pancake you helped make!" I say, and Draco stands up and bows. I laugh,  and walk back to the stove and make more pancakes, because one won't feed two people, and Draco could eat multiple pancakes, so I make about four more. I give two to Draco and eat two. Once we've finished our breakfast, we look at the clock. It's almost noon, so Draco and I walk back to the Burrow.

   Once we get to the Burrow, I walk to the porch. "Three Broomsticks at 6?" Draco says, and I nod. "See you there," I say, wave him goodbye, and walk in.

   No one is awake except Hermione, which has become a new trend, I'm assuming. She nods at me, and I sit down and watch T.V. for while.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Sorry that this chapter is short... I didn't know what to write. Some of you are probably annoyed that Draco's parents are never home and the Wealseys are always either sleeping or gone... but I honestly don't feel like going into much detail about them at the present point in time. I will probably have them become more involved characters as the story progresses, but as of now there are mainly background and filler characters, and I don't want to elaborate too much on this just yet, because you will eventually see why they are needed. Please leave your opinions! Thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~