Chapter 5

Dean left to search around where we had first found the witch while Sam searched newspapers and websites for any signs of activity.

It started to get late, but you didn't want to go to bed. You bought maybe the changes only happened when you were asleep.

You were wrong.

You suddenly got a splitting headache. It was the worst you had ever felt. You pressed your fingers into your temples, willing it to go away, but it persisted. You squeezed your eyes shut, trying to work through the pounding in your head. Then it was gone. You loosened your muscles which had gone tense and opened your eyes, only to be shocked by what you saw.

The world looked different, everything had a strange glow to it, almost a duller color than what it was. The far side of the room was now blurry, while the table and chairs in front of you were in great detail.

"Sam..." You called, unsure what had happened.

"What is it? Are you okay?"

"Yeah.. It's just.. My eyes."

"Your eyes?" You stood up and walked over to him and sat down across from him.

"Y/N.. I don't know if you could see this, but they're cat eyes now."

"I kind of assumed.. I can see everything differently. It's weird."

"I hate to tell you this, but I haven't found anything about witches locally or anywhere I've checked, really."

"Sam, I'm scared. I don't want to be a cat."

"You're going to be fine." He put his hand on top of yours.

"But what about when I start getting cat instincts?"

"I'll be right here. I'm not going to leave you. I promise." The door to the bunker creaked open. Your head shot in that direction to see who was coming in.

It was Dean.

"Dean, please tell me you found something." Sam stood up.

"Yeah, I certainly did."

"That's great! Where is she?"

"Out in Tennessee. I didn't track her down exactly, but I caught a glimpse of her."

"What did she look like?"

"Tall, black hair.. Ah, tan skin?"

"Sounds like her."

"And she was young."

"Yeah, that's her. I assume you're going to go after her tomorrow."

"Yeah, she's not going to move out, she doesn't even know I'm a hunter."

"Alright." He turned back to you. "You should probably get some sleep." You nodded and yawned, making your way to your room, falling asleep almost immediately.