Chapter 3

In the morning, you were even more irritable than the previous day. You only feared what it would be when you check yourself. You got up slowly and looked in the mirror.

Ears, check.

Tail, check.

Nothing seemed to be different. You got dressed cautiously, preparing for anything to change. When nothing did, you started to perk up a bit. Maybe the curse was wearing off?

You went into the kitchen to make yourself some breakfast. For some reason, you were really hungry.

You started to make yourself a bowl of cereal, nothing fancy, when you suddenly felt two hands on your shoulders. Startled, you jumped, spun on your heels, and swung your hand at whoever's face. You heard Sam shout and let go of you. He was bent over clutching his cheek when you saw the blood dripping down. You looked down at your hand and saw catlike claws retracting themselves from your fingers.

"What the hell, Y/N?!" You didn't know what to do, you were cornered with fear, so you ran. You ran back to your room and slammed the door behind you. You jumped onto your bed and curled up into a ball, covering your head with your hands and sobbing. You didn't know what to do anymore.

A minute later, you heard someone knocking at the door, then it opened. You didn't move. You didn't want to face whoever was coming in.

"Y/N.." It was Sam. That made you want to turn around even less, you didn't want to see what you had done to him.

"Y/N, I'm not mad. Just, open up and talk to me." You felt the bed dip down behind you. You lifted your head a little and slowly turned to face him. Across his cheek were three claw marks, but his eyes showed compassion, not anger.

"Why aren't you mad? You should be mad." You pointed out. You sat up a little, almost certain he had no idea what was going on with you.

"This isn't you, and I have a feeling I know what's going on."

"You do..?" He nodded.

"This has something to do with that witch cursing you." You looked at him wide eyed.

"I.. I think so, too."

"Care to show me what's happening?" He looked at the beanie on your head. You reached up and placed a hand on it, slowly pulling it off to reveal the black cat ears gracing your head. Sam slowly reached up and put a hand around one of the ears.

"Is this what you've been hiding?"

"I was scared."

"We can help you, you don't have to be scared."

"You two were always yelling. I didn't want to make it any worse for you." You managed to slide your jeans down a tiny bit and let your tail escape out. Sam was a bit shocked by the fact you had a tail.

"Is there any more?"

"The claws are new. Sorry about that." He brushed his hand across his cheek.

"Remind me not to sneak up on you again." You giggled and he smiled.

"Is there anything we can do about this?" You asked.

"Oh, right.. Well, um.. I hate to tell you, but we're going to have to hunt down the witch that did this to you."

"And..?"

"And if we don't find her, this could become permanent."