Chapter 1

The bright lights hitting my hair perfectly, The microphone in front of me, and the pitch black audience. In that moment it was me and the beat that was beginning to pound through the speakers. I took a deep breath before... "Makenna! Why are you still in bed get ready for school!"

"Uggg sorry" I replied to my mom. She walked off and I started to get ready in a fast pace slipping anything I can on. I ran to the car and we drove off. Once I got to school I walked inside earning a few glances and whispers from people. I kept my glance forwards as I walked to the music room, avoiding everyones judgy stares. Suddenly someone stepped in front of me and I ran into them.

Annoyed with the person I looked up. Daniel. "Sor-, oh it's you" Daniel said crossing his arms.

"yeah it's me and you're in my way so...." I said sassily trying to go around him.

"Wooh you ran into me don't you think I deserve an apology?" he said blocking me from getting around him.

"Look your friend pushed you right in front of me, but dont sweat it I wont make you apologize" I fake smiled. He was about to say something more but the bell rang and I quickly moved around him to go to 1st period.

I walked into my class and took a seat in the back. Then I felt someone tap me and I looked up "Your in my seat" the girl said pointing at the board. Her name is Miranda and she's on the cheer squad. She is sassy and rich much like all the other popular girls here. She's got long platinum blonde hair which all of the cheersquad has. I wish I was popular but I wouldn't wanna be any of their friends because they're all fake just like their hair. I really don't know why platinum blonde hair is so worshipped by the school, wouldn't it be better to be different and not kill your hair?

"Oh sorry" I said getting up and moving to my spot. Ugh a seating chart. I looked up at the board and moved to where I was supposed to be seated. My eyes roamed the room and I saw my bestfriend Riley across the room. She's really pretty, friendly and a lot of guys admire her but she doesn't do relationships because she wants to focus on school and she only has eyes for one person. I also envy her a little bit. I smiled at her and she waved back.

The final bell rang and the teacher was about to close the door but then Daniel and Ben walked through the door. "Sorry were late" Daniel said charming his way out of trouble.

"Go take your seats" the teacher said starting the lesson. I quickly looked at the board hoping he didnt sit by me. Thankgod I breathed in relief as I saw he didn't and he sits next to Miranda. As he sat down he smirked at me. I looked over at Riley and she was wide eyed because Ben sat in front of her. Ben is Daniel's bestfriend and Riley's crush. He had brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. Along with Daniel, Ben was one of hottest guys in the school. Daniel has brown hair with emerald green eyes.

I felt a buzz in my pocket halfway through class and glanced down at my phone.

Unknown number:
Party at my house on Friday! Everyone's invited. -Chase

I looked up over at Riley but she was staring at Ben. I rolled my eyes and looked back to the front of the room. How and why did Chase have my number? The bell finally rang and I walked over to Riley. "Did you get this?" I asked her showing her the text.

"We all did that's why it says 'Everyone's invited'" Daniel said in a duh tone.

"I wasn't asking you" I sassed and turned back to Riley. She was still staring at Ben.

I grabbed her arm and walked out of the classroom. "Hey we never finished our conversation earlier" Daniel said catching up to us.

"Oh really because I think we did" I said pulling Riley through the crowd with me.

Daniel and Ben were close behind us so I pulled Riley into the girls bathroom.

"Ok what the hell is going on?" Riley asked.

"Daniel cut me off this morning and I ran into him. We had an argument and then I walked away before he could say something else" I said.

"Oh" She said.

"Are you gonna be able to pay attention in class or are you just gonna stare at Ben through the entire class period?" I asked smirking.

"Don't give me that look Missy" She blushed.

"They're probably gone right?" I asked.

"Probably" She said chuckling.

She walked out and checked "all clear" She said.

We saw we only had 30 seconds to get to class so we went our seperate ways.

-----------------------------
*Lunch*

I had to eat alone because Riley's in art club and they meet at lunch everyday. I don't mind that much though because I can write music and poems and have alone time for me.

I made my way to the choir room and started to write in my notebook.

I groaned as the bell rang and packed up my things. As I walked to my next class I saw Riley and I tried to catch up with her. Suddenly I felt someone grab me and pulled me into a closet. "Hey what the hell" I said and I looked up.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and please vote and comment it's deeply appreciated!