[After Story]: For Worse 4/7

"But wouldn't a push into the city center be dangerous? Our manpower is already limited." Kaminari pondered.

"I think if done correctly, it's possible." You responded. "We'll have to be careful and utilize optimal positioning. We need every advantage."

"We'll need a leader, someone with charisma, someone who's a man!" Kirishima insisted. "I think you should do it (y/n)! Everyone would willingly follow you!"

You glanced up at him with a gentle smile before redirecting your focus back down at the city map.

"I'm in no condition to lead, physically or mentally..." You begrudgingly admitted.

The room fell silent. Your friends shot worried expressions at each other.

"You don't need to be on the front lines (y/n)! You just have to most experience out of all of all the heroes here." Mina said. "The people here trust you."

"Kirishima should lead." You objected.

"W-What?! Me?!" Kirishima stuttered. "But (y/n), you're-"

"Not fit to lead. My judgment is clouded. Right now, all I truly want is to find Katsuki."

They couldn't say anything to that. They could tell by your tone that you had resigned yourself to absolute honesty.

"Alright," Kirishima said after the prolonged silence. "I'll do it."

"Kirishima..." Kaminari muttered.

"Thank you." You smiled, bowing your head forward. "We'll be in your care Red Riot."

- - -

"(Y/n)... Where the fuck are you?" Katsuki mumbled under his breath. He ran his fingers lightly over the picture he had been fiddling with. Katsuki never told anyone, but he always kept a picture of you in his wallet. It gave him strength in moments like these.

"A picture of (y/n) huh?" Tokoyami noted. "You never seemed like the type."

"Fuck right off." Katsuki huffed, shoving the picture back into his pocket. "Tell anyone and I'll blast your head off bird brain."

He pressed his back against the cold cement wall and allowed his head to fall. A few more days had passed. Contact was still completely cut off. The heroes were moving around blind.

"Don't worry, she's strong. She's alright, I'm sure." Tokoyami insisted.

"Damn right she is. She's my fucking wife after all." Katsuki scoffed. To the best of his ability, he was trying to convince himself that there was no way something could happen to you.

He knew you were strong, that you had been to hell and back, and above all else you were resilient.

But at the same time he knew you were selfless and that you would willingly throw yourself in danger for the sake of others.

That's that part of you that worried him.

The chill on the concrete only made him long for the warm nights at home with you more. The sex was amazing, but nothing could beat just holding you. Being away made him relish all the simpler moments that much more.

Tokoyami looked across the room at him and realized that there was little he could say to comfort the man.

"We're heading out to take the radio tower in a few hours when it becomes dark. I'll need you with me on the off chance dark shadow goes crazy." He said.

"Yeah..." Katsuki groaned. "Just us?"

"We're trying to keep a low profile so moving with just the two of us is best. The other heroes will hold out here with the civilians we've gathered."