[Chapter 55]: Anybody else

"Katsuki? Katsukiiii pay attention." You punched his arm lightly, snapping him out of whatever trance he had fallen into.

"The fuck (y/n), I am paying attention." He growled, rubbing his shoulder.

"Oh really? Then what question are we on smartass?" You snickered. Katsuki clicked his tongue and shifted nervously, tapping the end of his pencil against your low rise table repeatedly.

"The stupid one."

"What's that? I'm gonna need you to be a little more specific than that?"

"FUCK YOU, ALL THESE QUESTIONS ARE STUPID. IT'S NOT MY FAULT I CAN'T DISTINGUISH THEM!"

You chuckled sweetly and shuffled across your floor over next to him. Leaning up, you planted a gentle kiss on his cheek. Katsuki tried his best to play it off even though he had become clearly flustered.

"You know what? Fuck math, I'd rather study anatomy." Katsuki smirked, quickly turning to wrap his arms around you and force you onto the floor. His face landed right between your breasts, his nose nuzzling into them playfully.

Laughing warmly, you ran your fingers through his ash blond hair in a comforting manner.

"So, what part is that?" You questioned.

"Boobies." He mumbled into your chest, still rubbing his nose against you.

"Pfffttt you couldn't even use the scientific name? Well, I guess hedgehogs aren't the best at anatomy..."

"Don't call me that. I'll kill you." Katsuki growled as he lifted his head from your chest.

"Yes yes of course you will~" You replied cheekily, causing his eyes to narrow in annoyance.

"You little-"

"Hmmm~?"

"I SWEAR I'LL-"

"Yesss~?"

"GAH! YOU DRIVE ME FUCKING CRAZY YOU KNOW THAT?!"

"But you still love me~" The cheekiness in your grin faded to sweetness. Katsuki could feel his face heating up at your statement, the warmth in your smile tugging at his heartstrings.

"LIKE HELL YOU IDIOT!"

"I love you too Katsuki."

- - -

The boy's eyes gently fluttered open. Katsuki shifted to sit upright, looking back down beside him to observe the empty space.

"It was just a dream... Dammit..." He pulled over to the side of his bed and planted his feet on the cold wood. His face sank down into his hands as his elbows rested on his knees. "Dammit all..."

It had been two weeks since you disappeared. While the whole class was shaken by your absence, nobody was more affected then Katsuki. He showed up to class still and tried to an extent. But his passion in everyday actions had faded. He spoke less, laughed less, yelled less. And while some may find it good, the entirety of class 1-A was uneasy with his sudden change in attitude. It was uncomfortable almost, but nobody felt like they could bring it up to him. His pain was apparent.

"Katsuki? Are you okay in there?" Mitsuki tapped her knuckles against her son's bedroom door as Masaru stood next to her, brow furrowed in a worried manner.

"I'm fine... Just go away..."

The door swung open. Mitsuki was clearly not having it.

"Listen Katsuki, you can talk to us... We're your parents, I want you to come to us when you're struggli-"

"SHUT UP!" Katsuki stood, his voice desperate and body shaking. "SHE'S GONNA COME BACK TO ME, I JUST KNOW IT DAMMIT!" He was breaking. "You and everyone else... YOU ALL SPEAK TO ME LIKE I'M NEVER GONNA SEE HER AGAIN."

"Katsu..."

"NO! DON'T LOOK AT ME WITH THOSE EYES. THOSE FUCKING EYES THAT SAY 'I'M SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS'..." His breathing became ragged as tears cascaded down his cheeks. "SHE'S NOT A TRAITOR. SHE'S NOT DEAD. SHE'S JUST..."

Katsuki sank down, falling onto his knees. He covered his face with the back of his arm.

"She's just... lost..."

Mitsuki and Masaru stood there in silence for a moment before looking at each other. Slowly, they made their way across the dark room, arms reaching out to wrap around their son.

"Katsuki, we believe you. We really do." Mitsuki's voice was soothing as she pulled the panicking boy closer against them.

"We know (y/n)'s not a traitor. Whatever she's doing, I'm sure she has her reasons." Masaru added.

Although he didn't respond, Katsuki felt comforted enough to calm down. He pulled away from them and stood once more, wiping the last of his tears with his arm.

"She does. I know her better than anybody e-"

Katsuki paused, seeming lost in thought. There was a sudden light in his eyes.

Something had clicked. 

His parents tilted their heads in a confused manner. And then he took off quickly out the door.

"W-What?! Katsuki, where are you going?!"

"SCHOOL."

"You haven't changed out of your sweats yet you idiot!" Mitsuki yelled. She heard Katsuki growl before running back in and changing his clothes.

-At School-

"If you're going to ask about the search for (y/n), I told you already that I don't have the jurisdiction to provide those details Bakugou." Aizawa sighed.

"It's not that this time. I need details on somebody else."

- - -

"Floaty, Deku, meet me at Ground Beta at 8 pm tonight. Bring Icyhot with you." Katsuki's sudden demand surprised the both of them.

"Eh Kacchan? What are you-"

"Don't fucking ask questions, just meet me there and don't tell anybody else."