Ryan's Past

Ryan’s Past

Ryan’s POV:

***Flashback Cont.***

I was in shock, staring at the woman that had abandoned me for sixteen years, who was left by the door of an orphanage and then transferred to a foster home.

The foster home was one of the worst places I had been as a child. Younger children were mistreated and the older children bullied the younger ones. Our foster parent didn’t even care about us.

I continued living in that place until I was eleven. I couldn’t take the mistreatment anymore, so I ran away. I started living on the corner of the street until a young couple adopted me. They were poor, but they treated me well and took care of all my needs. They even got me an admission to go to school.

When I was fifteen, the couple had a child and things became very tight and tough. I knew if I left, things would get better for them. I knew that they would send me out, but I couldn’t stand being a burden to them. So, as usual, I ran away from that place. I went to a far city, where they couldn’t find me.

I was fifteen years old when I ran away. Since I was smart, I earned a scholarship to go to the school. I was able to secure a job for myself. And in return for shelter rather than money, I sold burgers in the afternoon after school and I collected little change from washing toilets at night.

And that was what I kept doing until I turned seventeen. Then, I rented an apartment. I didn’t work, but I had money since I gambled a lot. But when I met Paige, I stopped gambling. She was like my light; she was my angel.

I started to grow feelings for her. At first, I thought it was just a silly crush, that I could get over it, but these feelings never went away. It began turning into love; I was in love with Paige. But I couldn’t tell her; I just hoped she felt the same way.

Paige was the best thing that had ever happened to me since I was born. But then, she, too, left. Everyone always leaves me, not caring about how I would feel. No one, not even my mom.

I could forgive Rose, but I can never forget what she did to me. She abandoned me to leave a treacherous life without parents.

“Why?” I asked, tears welling in my eyes as I saw her eyes become glassy like marble.

“I am sorry. I did it so you wouldn’t suffer,” she said, giving me a bitter smile.

“No. You did it for your own selfish reasons,” I countered, frowning as she coughed slightly, her face squeezing in pain.

“No. I didn’t have any money. I was young and stupid and I’m sorry,” she said, tears streaming down her cheeks, settling on her chin.

“If you didn’t want me then you should have aborted me. My life is full of emptiness. I don’t have anyone. I don’t have anything. I’m on my own,” I said, clutching her hand tightly.

“Not for long,” she said. She grabbed a paper from her side and handed it to me.

“What’s this?” I questioned, staring at the paper in confusion.

“He’s your father. Use the money to find him and tell him who you are. He’s rich. And if he knows you’re his son, he will help you out. He is...” She couldn’t complete her statement. She started having a seizure. She tried to breathe, but she couldn’t. She was choking.

If I called the doctor, then it would be too late. I kissed her forehead, giving her a bitter smile as I ran out. What I did today would forever haunt me, but my life was filled with haunts already.

Two weeks passed before I found my father. He helped me like my mother said he would. I didn’t hold a grudge against him since he told me that he didn’t know my mom was pregnant with his child.

I finished college and went into acting and performing. Soon, I became successful and, with a little help from my dad, I built a restaurant, a few years later, naming it MicMax Rose, after my mother’s restaurant and name.

***End of Flashback***

A/N:

How was this chapter?

Is Ryan at fault? Do you think Ryan is bad for leaving his mother to die? What is the worst thing you’ve done that you wish you could change?

I know the chapters are always long, but I promise to reduce them soon.

😁 This is a bonus chapter, including 819 words. I hope you liked it. Don’t forget to vote and comment and feel free to write your suggestions and questions! I accept positive criticism. 😉

RED SUGAR LOVE. And make sure you never give up.