Chapter Twenty Three

This is going to be in Paige's POV because of some reasons unexplainable, enjoy.

Paige's POV

I was under an umbrella since the sun was a bit scorching and I was just too lazy to go to the water, I sat on a small fabric I had laid on the ground.

I stared like a creepy stalker since I had nothing to do, there were many interesting things that was going on.

Like there were little children building a long mushy box, I giggled slightly, they probably thought they were creating a cute little sandcastle.

Still giggling I turned to the right to see a woman that was close by staring at me like I was crazy, shrugging I turned to the other side.

I saw two young teenagers who were kissing like the world was about to end, shaking my head I turned my head to the other side, chill sweethearts soon you would realize that kissing can't stop the pains of love.

To my left was a young muscular guy clicking on his phone, like he knew I was watching him, he turned to me and grinned while waving at me, blushing I waved back and lied down, shutting my eyes.

Not like there weren't many other things going on but sometimes you have just got to shut your eyes and imagine things through the sounds that you hear and that was exactly what I was doing.

There was the calm and almost silent "shr, shr" the river was making, I wasn't totally sure that was the sound it made though, but it was calming.

"hey", I heard a familiar voice say as I slowly opened my eyes to see a dripping Carl.

"you are back", I said smiling at the scowling Carl in front of me.

"yeah", he said begrudgingly as I shifted a little for him to seat.

"what happened?" I asked as he relaxed a little using the small towel he had to wipe the little droplets that were all around his chest.

I started to stare at the chest, he had a total of six abs if I counted well, he must have really worked out.

"the idiotic octopus dropped a plastic bottle into the river", he said as I stared confused.

"an octopus?" I asked frowning.

He smiled a little "I call him octopus only because he looked like one but now that I am thinking about it, I think an octopus is finer and more considerate", he said before he returned his scowl, I chuckled slightly.

I wonder why we people were like that, we finish using something and then because we are too lazy to dispose the item we leave it and drop it wherever we wish.

It really needed to be stopped, of course there have been lots of advertisements advising people to be more thoughtful of were they dispose their waste but people behave like they are deaf, we all do, which is totally wrong.

I sighed looking at him before telling him about my plans "I am thinking of taking a short trip outside of this crazy town", I said.

"you alone?" he asked looking quite disturbed as he knitted his brows together for a while.

"of course not, you and me, taking a little break from here", I said waiting for him to bring up an excuse.

"I don't know Paige, I'm so sorry, there are lots of things that I need to take care of", he said as I sighed turning my head away from his gaze.

" its okay, I guess I would just have to go on my own", I said sighing, there was a moment of silence before Carl turned my chin to his.

"for you, I would do anything", he said putting his lips on mine.

He pulled back after some time and I smiled at him "where would you want to go?" he asked as I thought for a while before  I said "India"

"excuse me?" he said as I chuckled, he was probably thinking I would like to have gone to another place but India, or maybe not.

"I said India, it has always been my dream to go there", I said as he nodded.

"if that is what you want, it is totally your choice", he said shrugging.

I smiled, I just couldn't wait to see their amazing culture, I have always heard about them and they seem really cool and having the chance to experience and explore their world is going to be awesome.

"so when would you like to leave?" he asked.

"Friday, would it be okay?" I asked he kept quiet for some time eyebrows creasing as if he was thinking.

"two days time hun, yeah that would be enough time to get ready", he said as I kissed him on his cheeks blushing slightly.

"thank you very much", I said grinning as he nodded, I noticed his eyes were facing one direction, I looked at where he was facing, it was a couple kissing with a little girl beside them.

"maybe someday we would have a family, me and you and our little boy", he said as I laid my head on his shoulder, questions swimming in my head, was I really ready to have a child? To build a family? To learn to love? To love Carl?

"yeah maybe", I said with a bitter smile as we stared at the sky and the beautiful sunset, maybe my life could be as beautiful as the sunset, someday.

How was this chapter?

Yeah Paige is going on a trip to India along with Carl, how wonderful is that?

If you know places and things that goes on in India and would be helpful in Paige's journey please write it out in the comment section below.

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

Leave your thoughts and suggestions in the comment box below, thank you for being so amazing and awesome.