Chapter Nine

Chapter 9

Paige’s POV:

I have gotten to the MicMax Restaurant. It was one of the best places to go to for dates and it was quite expensive, but not too much for me.

I entered the place taking a deep breath. It smelled like a bakery, but that wasn’t the best part. The foods were from different parts of the world. And even though I’ve been here before, it felt like it was my first time here.

“Miss Ariana,” that same masculine voice said.

“Yes, that’s me,” I said as I turned to the person, who had a smile on his face. “Are you the one?” I asked.

“Depends on which one of the ones. To Beast, Beauty was the one,” he said, still smiling.

“Well, are you my Prince Charming?” I asked, giggling like a little kid.

“Well, time will tell, princess. But your boyfriend is waiting for you,” he said, smiling.

“Oh, he is not,” I said, blushing. I didn’t even know him.

“No need to cover up. Every lady has the right to flirt and swoon over a boy even though in a relationship,” he said as he brought his hand forward to hold mine.

“So, who are you?” I asked.

“Well, I lead people to their dates. You know this place is kinda large; anyone can get lost. I’m also a waiter. Thankfully, I have been so trained, I could wait forever for you, gem,” he said.

Oh, I just flirted with a waiter. Eloisa was right; I have poor taste. But no one could blame me; he was really handsome and charming.

“Thinking about something?” He asked.

“Well, this is sort of my first time having a meal with a man. I’m sort of worried that I may do something wrong,” I said, smiling nervously. I mean, it was half the truth. It’s not like I could say, “I was so dumb, I flirted with a worker.” Not that I was worried about my prestige. Who cares? But this could have been against the principle of this place.

“It’s going to be fine. You look and act pretty much like a charmer. You just be yourself and you will be fine,” he said as he brought my hand to his mouth and gave it a light kiss.

“Thanks...” I said, waiting for his name.

“Just call me Charming, gem. Go to the second table. Your date is just right there,” he said, winking as he left.

Walking inside (after opening the glass door), I walked over to the second table to the right. Mr. Date’s back was facing me; I could tell he was reading a newspaper.

“Checking me out?” he asked suddenly as I moved back, startled at his observation.

Regaining my composure, I breathed in and out as I walked to his front, chuckling as I tried to hide my embarrassment.

“I’m sorry. Didn’t mean to startle you,” he said, standing as he watched me and gave me a warm smile.

I looked at him and saw his features more closely. He had big eyes with thick eyelashes, making his eye color sharp; it was a mink brown and it was lovely. His eyebrows were arched, his chin was chiseled with his small lips and visible Adam’s apple. In total, he was drop-dead gorgeous and I was falling. Control, Paige, control.

He smirked at me, noticing my fawns on him. “I get that always, but I’m shocked you don’t recognize me,” he said.

“I’m so sorry,” I said, blushing in embarrassment. I didn’t even know if I was apologizing for staring at him or for not knowing who he was.

“Don’t worry, I’ll jog your memory. Let’s start from where we met,” he said, gesturing for me to have a seat.

***Flashback***

I was on an airplane. And if I said I wasn’t nervous and scared, it was a lie. It’s not like it was my first time, but I always took a trip with my family. It comforted me.

Sighing, I saw an air hostess who was sharing a snack with everyone.

“Want some?” She asked.

“Won’t mind,” I answered, smiling at her as she nodded and smiled back. She brought the tray close to me as I picked a bag of doughnuts. Then she left to another person.

I had finally finished one of the doughnuts out of the two. I was about to take a bite of the second one when someone came close to me.

“Mind if I sit here?” A young man of my age asked, pointing at the empty seat next to me.

“I do, but feel free,” I said as he chuckled, but sat down anyways.

“Mind if I ask for a little piece of that?” He asked, pointing to my last doughnut.

“Well, I do, but have it,” I said, passing it to him.

“Really cool. Thanks,” he said, munching it savagely. In no time, he had finished it.

“Do you mind if I ask you to leave?” I asked.

“Yup,” he said, giving me a smile.

I ignored him and stared at the window to my right.

“Something wrong?” He asked.

“Yeah,” I answered without sparing him a glance.

“Mind if I ask what it is?” He asked.

“Well, yeah. But that doesn’t mean I won’t answer,” I said as he chuckled again.

“Well, you can tell me your troubles,” he said.

“You’re a stranger. I can’t just tell you about my life,” I said, rolling my eyes.

“You said you didn’t mind,” he said.

“I said I did and I very much do,” I countered.

We both were quiet until I sighed and looked at him.

“I ran away from home,” I said, frowning and immediately looking away again.

“Kind of figured that out,” he said, furrowing his brows.

“Do you think I’m wrong?” I asked him.

“I don’t know. But sometimes, the things that seem wrong are what we want to do for ourselves. The selfishness is worth it at the time, but later on, we regret it,” he answered, giving me a supportive smile. I smiled back, silently agreeing with him.

***End of Flashback***

A/N:

Do you think Paige did the right thing by leaving everyone? Or do you think she was being selfish? Comment!

What was the worst decision you’ve made in your life because you felt it was right? Comment!

So, this is the ninth chapter, including 1123 words. I hope you liked it. Don’t forget to vote and comment and feel free to write your suggestions and questions! I accept positive criticism.

Also, if you want to recommend your story to me, feel free to do so, lovelies.

RED SUGAR LOVE. And have a nice day (or night).